Author Topic: You Might Be a Conservative If... And Especially If...  (Read 619 times)

Offline OldSailor

• The world is sick and getting sicker.
You Might Be a Conservative If... And Especially If...
« on: April 09, 2014, 05:10:31 PM »
As a follow-up to my profile on the attributes of contemporary liberals, “You Might Be a Liberal If…,” I offer this look at the attributes associated with today’s conservatives.

Too often, political “Left v Right” labels are applied without conveying anything substantive about the beliefs or worldviews of the individual upon whom the label has been conferred.

So what’s in a name?

To answer that question, I’ve reviewed my own lists of conservative principles in order to better profile those who identify as “conservative.” Again, with apologies to Jeff Foxworthy:

You Might Be a Conservative If You…

…know the difference between Rule of Law and rule of men – Liberty and tyranny.

…embody the real spirit of Patriots' Day.

Much more here:
http://patriotpost.us/alexander/24736

I heartily recommend this.
"In it's most basic form the right to keep and bear arms is nothing less than the right to maintain the means of one's own self-defense. If a man chooses not to arm himself, that is his choice and right. It is NOT his right to force his choice upon me." - Me

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: You Might Be a Conservative If... And Especially If...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 07:04:11 AM »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 08:16:09 AM »
As a follow-up to my profile on the attributes of contemporary liberals, “You Might Be a Liberal If…,” I offer this look at the attributes associated with today’s conservatives.

Too often, political “Left v Right” labels are applied without conveying anything substantive about the beliefs or worldviews of the individual upon whom the label has been conferred.

So what’s in a name?

To answer that question, I’ve reviewed my own lists of conservative principles in order to better profile those who identify as “conservative.” Again, with apologies to Jeff Foxworthy:

You Might Be a Conservative If You…

…know the difference between Rule of Law and rule of men – Liberty and tyranny.

…embody the real spirit of Patriots' Day.

Much more here:
http://patriotpost.us/alexander/24736

I heartily recommend this.

Read the 'Patriot Post article you sighted and this jumped out at me as just one of the openly and telling differences between conservatives and liberals;

"Arthur Schlesinger, a former Harvard professor and senior advisor to JFK, published a retrospective on this era in 1991 called “The Disuniting of America.” Schlesinger wrote primarily about the orthodoxy of self-interested hyphenated-American citizen groups – who, rather than unifying to become one, were diversifying to become many. He warned that the cult of ethnicity would result in “the fragmentation and tribalization of America,” the natural consequence being that these special-interest groups would be co-opted by the political parties. "

All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 10:46:12 AM »
Nice quote...and all but forgotten and now overwhelmed by indifference...

But, how did tribalization end for the last few nations to fall to it?

Anybody remember the nation formerly known as Yugoslavia?

Sow/Reap...the harvest is ripe...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.