Author Topic: $#%@&!* Tax Code!  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
$#%@&!* Tax Code!
« on: April 14, 2014, 10:33:45 PM »
Guess what we are  doing.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 10:46:09 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: $#%@&!* Tax Code!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 11:00:33 PM »
Did mine yesterday. Got it in the mail today. I'm sure I made a mistake ;')

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 12:37:20 AM »
Uckfay it. 

We take ours to the accountant and let him do it.  But even that is getting more complicated re: forms -- guess why?  can you spell "gummint", boys and gurlz?; we have to sign a form "which will not be sent along to the IRS" (yeah, sure) stating it is our preference to file via paper instead of electronically. 

I want the papers in my hand, upon which I will affix my signature and date after examination, and then I will bring it to the USPS (okay, Gunsmith is doing that tomorrow morning) and mail it Certified, Return Receipt Requested, the receipt for which has stamped upon it the date.

We (Gunsmith) had to change the exemptions on the W2? W4? (can never remember which it is) because we're still due refunds and that will not do.

Hang in there, Weissie, and next year, pay somebody for assuming the headache.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 02:05:18 AM »
The 16th Amendment needs to be repealed badly.   How this one slipped in,  as amendments aren't intended to give the federal government MORE power but to restrict it. 

Income taxes need to be banned permanently.   They take not only our hard earned money but our freedom.  Its also been a huge anchor on our economy for a hundred years now.   

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 06:55:49 AM »
They should call this Statist Day...it's what keeps The Machine churning, grinding more and more out of the populace until there is nothing left to grind...

Anyway, mine done eons ago...electronically...and got a little back, pretty much a breakeven though...better than last year after I liquidated the IRA...

Did my folks yesterday...thing about being old is the income is so overwhlemed by medical expenses it always comes out to nothing due.

And it is the W4 Pan, get them exemptions upped, no free loans to Unca Shug!   ::oldman::

Oh, and for those late filers...last I heard the Supreme's said it was still OK to write stuff like "Under Protest!" in the check memo section of the check you pay for the amount the gubmint extorted from you. 
 ;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 08:01:07 AM »

Hang in there, Weissie, and next year, pay somebody for assuming the headache.

If I let someone else do it, it won't get the right mistakes on it, and I won't have to file amended returns. .

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 08:03:02 AM »
The 16th Amendment needs to be repealed badly.   How this one slipped in,  as amendments aren't intended to give the federal government MORE power but to restrict it. 

Income taxes need to be banned permanently.   They take not only our hard earned money but our freedom.  Its also been a huge anchor on our economy for a hundred years now.
I did a search a while back , and I never did find compelling evidence it was ever passed.  I believe the internet myth that it was never ratified by the required number of states and was deemed passed it probably true. If you think about who was in charge at the time, that is entirely feasible.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 08:48:59 AM »
Deem & pass goes back a ways...

::gaah::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 11:32:14 AM »
They should call this Statist Day...it's what keeps The Machine churning, grinding more and more out of the populace until there is nothing left to grind...

Anyway, mine done eons ago...electronically...and got a little back, pretty much a breakeven though...better than last year after I liquidated the IRA...

Did my folks yesterday...thing about being old is the income is so overwhlemed by medical expenses it always comes out to nothing due.

And it is the W4 Pan, get them exemptions upped, no free loans to Unca Shug!   ::oldman:: 

Oh, and for those late filers...last I heard the Supreme's said it was still OK to write stuff like "Under Protest!" in the check memo section of the check you pay for the amount the gubmint extorted from you. 
 ;)

We had things nicely balanced, something changed, and we had to wait and see how to re-balance them 'cause you're right -- no free loans to Unca Succubus.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 11:42:57 AM »

;)

We had things nicely balanced, something changed, and we had to wait and see how to re-balance them 'cause you're right -- no free loans to Unca Succubus.

Aye, Obama happens...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 07:54:14 AM »