Author Topic: A tale of 2 houses  (Read 1190 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
A tale of 2 houses
« on: April 17, 2014, 02:52:36 PM »
So I get this email.

House  #1
A 20 room  mansion (not including 8 bathrooms)  heated by natural gas. Add on a pool (and a pool house) and a separate  guest house, all heated by gas. In one month this residence consumes  more energy than the average American household does in a year. The  average bill for electricity and natural gas runs over $2400 per month.  In natural gas alone, this property consumes more than 20 times the national average for an American home. This house is not situated in a Northern or Midwestern 'snow belt' area. It's in the South.

Description: 2.2246166345

House  #2
Designed by  an architecture professor at a leading national university. This house  incorporates every 'green' feature current home construction can provide. The house is 4,000 square feet (4 bedrooms) and is nestled on a  high prairie in the American southwest. A central closet in the house holds geothermal heat-pumps drawin g ground water through pipes sunk 300 feet into the ground.

The water (usually 67 degrees F) heats the house in the winter and cools it in the  summer. The system uses no fossil fuels such as oil or natural gas and  it consumes one-quarter electricity required for a conventional  heating/cooling system. Rainwater from the roof is collected and funneled into a 25,000 gallon underground cistern. Wastewater from showers, sinks and toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the cistern. The collected water then irrigates the land surrounding the house. Surrounding flowers and shrubs native to the area  enable the property to blend into the surrounding rural landscape.

~~~~~
HOUSE #1 is  outside of Nashville,  Tennessee; it is the abode of the 'environmentalist' Al Gore.

HOUSE #2 is  on a ranch near Crawford, Texas;
It is the residence of the former President of the  United  States, George W. Bush.

An  'inconvenient truth.'

Normally I delete crap like this because there's no verification. But lo and behold....

http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/house.asp

So Algore truly is the hypocritical bastard we've all known.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: A tale of 2 houses
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 03:41:57 PM »
So Algore truly is the hypocritical bastard we've all known.

Just so.

If glowball warmink is the big emergency he and his ilk say it is, why aren't they living like they believe it, instead of demanding we live that way.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 06:52:54 AM »
I knew that first one right off the bat...may he drown in vat of his own excrement!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 02:38:39 PM »
Al Gore is a hypocrite of the worst kind.   But everyone on this board know that well. 

Granted W's motives for a "green" house were of the greenback kind, (the only reason why I would have "green" features in a house) and are perfectly valid.   It's telling how each of those men live their lives.    W never broadcast about his green house.   Of course Gore never gave up his big mansion (and bought another big house in California to boot) when he found the green scam. 

Same thing with the lame TV network too,  Beck's money was no good,  but oil Arab's money is just fine.