Author Topic: If you're not reading themattwalshblog.com, you should  (Read 543 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
If you're not reading themattwalshblog.com, you should
« on: April 25, 2014, 10:06:34 AM »
An excellent article among many

Personally, I’ve studied the New Testament and found not a single instance of Christ calling for a ‘dialogue’ with evil or seeking the middle ground on an issue. I see an absolutist, unafraid of confrontation. I see a man who did not waver or give credence to the other side. I see someone who never once avoided a dispute by saying that He’ll just ‘agree to disagree.’

I see a Christ who calls the Scribes and Pharisees snakes and vipers. He labels them murderers and blind guides, and ridicules them publicly [Matthew 23:33]. He undermines their authority. He insults them. He castigates them. He’s not very nice to them.

Jesus rebukes and condemns. In Matthew 18, He utilizes morbid and violent imagery, saying that it would be better to drown in the sea with a stone around your neck than to harm a child. Had our modern politicians been around two thousand years ago, I’m sure they’d go on the cable news shows and shake their heads and insist that there’s ‘no place for that kind of language.’

No place for the language of God.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: If you're not reading themattwalshblog.com, you should
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 10:14:29 AM »
Have been reading Walsh for a while; American Digest uses snippets from his columns (with links) on the sidebar.

I don't agree with him on everything, but enough to keep drawing me back; however, there's nothing but agreement on this latest.   

I'm so weary of being castigated for speaking the truth.  Yes, harsh hurts.  Tough.  Pull up your big-person pants and fix your shiit.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Re: If you're not reading themattwalshblog.com, you should
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 04:00:04 PM »
Ya know, I've been thinking about "compromise."  Compromise just really pulls you further and further from your goals, ideals and beliefs. Pretty soon, your original position can't be seen with a telescope.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.