Topics > General Board

The constant drumbeat of the Tiny-Home

(1/24) > >>

Weisshaupt:
Every 2-4 weeks there is an article like this. Look at this "unique" , morally superior individual who made "choices" to live in a smaller home.  Agenda 21 - over and over.. Get used to this America, because this is how they want you to live. Why? The article answers that

--- Quote ---She has plenty of bathing options thanks to generous friends and neighbors, who all gave her the keys to their houses. "My possessions have grown exponentially small. Except for my keychain. I have this massive keychain."

When nature calls, there's the compost toilet that works without water. After use, the waste is covered with sawdust. Williams admits to taking advantage of shower facilities at her Department of Ecology office, too....

In fact, Williams has found that the smaller the house, the more she depends on the people around her, and neighborhood necessities like the local market and the public library. "I thought I would be so contained in this little house with no running water," she said. "The big surprise, of course, is the smaller you go, the more you absolutely have to lean into your community. It gets smaller and bigger. It gets to be this big, tiny thing, you know?"
--- End quote ---

Emphasis mine.  She now has access to the houses of other people and all of THEIR stuff. She will use facilities provided by others, be dependent upon others, and you should too!  Because beggars are ever so much easier to please.

This women and people like her should be subjected to never ending ridicule, and pranks .. like towing her house to the dump and leaving it there - over and over. But instead TED gives her a platform, a publisher giver her a book deal and another self-righteous crusader for enslaving the human race makes good.

Seriously how is this different than being homeless other than your cardboard box is slightly nicer?  Why not just rent a room from someone? How would that be different. Arrogant, self-involved narcissistic bitch.  (by the way, the Ad they play before the video features Farley and the Van down by the river...! Remember when that was considered a bad thing?)

Update: The Ted Talk is awful. First,  she decided to go with a Jim Carrey/Vera Di Milo short pigtail look for the talk.  Then she asks: What item would you want to  hold when you die,  what room would you want to die in.. and suggests if you asked those questions often enough you would want a smaller home.  WTF?  No, I wouldn't.  If I had to pick an ITEM it would probably still be a Bible, but I would be far more interested in WHO was in the room, than what room or what material object would be in it..  but wait, it gets worse..

She was diagnosed with heart problems and started dwelling on her own mortality -   and thinks its going to require courage to die in her friends arms.. and perhaps courage is what it does take, when you  are a Godless, immoral heathen, and think death is the end.   But she doesn't want to be in a hospital bed in a friends house and have friends have to change her clothes and take care of her "like a baby"  - ( because apparently she accepts the fact she won't be able to afford to  die in a hospital under Obamacare..)    - So the solution?  To make sure her hospital bed is in a Van down by the River.

She sleeps in a loft where she couldn't even sit up-- and jokes she doesn't stub her toes on a nightstand -- how about crack your head open when you sit up at a sudden event ? ( like having your home suddenly start being towed towards the dump..)  And her skylight? That looks out on the "expanding universe" -- and being in the loft "elevates" her above everything else around her, and she likes that because her "problems seem smaller"  and she can "contemplate" why she is here, and learn about "humility" , "gratitude" and "grace"  ( an opportunity coming to everyone at gunpoint thanks to Agenda 21.) 

And this roof that is 12 inches from her head when she sleeps - its metal.  And she lives of course in Washington State.  And now she "loves" the different types of rain.... and she sleeps with heat so see pretty frost on the windows. And wind in the eaves.. and she knows where the sun is every morning.  So its like camping out. Every day for the rest of your life. 

--- Quote ---"They Gifted me the opportunity to live with them. We have three households that share the same garden space..... I have learned a tremendous amount about what it means to live in community by letting go of my autonomy, you know something changes for you and  fundamentally shifts for you when you have to ask for water every day. So that has been a tremendous gift. "
--- End quote ---

Because being a beggar is a gift.  Maybe is she had to humble herself before God, she would have the need to humble herself before humans and become a burden on them.  Then she hammers the "Gratitude, humility and Grace" angle a second  and then a third time. ... Because the only way you will find your soul is by living in a tiny house and being a beggar and a burden on others.   I personally don't think a leftist is capable of real gratitude - to others or to God.  They are capable of believing themselves superior because that attribute themselves with having "gratitude, humility and grace" for living in a small house,  but actually being grateful  or being humble is far beyond their comprehension... And if you noted this talk is not really about living in a tiny house - its about being morally and spiritually superior if you live in a tiny house.  Some days the collapse can't come soon enough.

Anyone want to take bets on how "humble" and "grateful" she will be the first time someone tells her she Can't have water and she need to get her "house" off the property?

Libertas:
The Mooching Class.

Message to Dee and her ilk...

Moochers will be shot...

Pandora:
"... lean into the community"; gotta love it.  Newspeak for leeching.

Weisshaupt:

--- Quote from: Pandora on April 23, 2014, 08:29:25 AM ---"... lean into the community"; gotta love it.  Newspeak for leeching.

--- End quote ---

yeah, bonus points for including Obama's Marxist catchphrases!

IronDioPriest:
The propaganda will increasingly couch collectivism in terms of "community", and speak of dependence as a virtue. More people will be receptive because the Leftists have crushed economic opportunity, increased the ease and reduced the stigma of largesse, and successfully demonized those who produce goods and services as having done so at the expense of the less fortunate.

We will be literally fighting for our lives before we die.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version