Author Topic: 22 Pubbies angry letter to Obama denouncing his authoritarian edicts  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/24/Senators-Denounce-Obama-for-Threatening-Entire-Constitutional-System-By-Nullifying-Immigration-Laws

Yeah.  That'll work...

::outrage::   ::gaah::

Lecture me again why it is bad to shut government down and/or defund the illegitmate mess?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Because ..... er ..... wait ..... I almost ............................

Okay, I got nuthin'.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Ooooo! A sternly worded letter!! That'll work!!!

Typical eGOP strategy.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
"Threatening the entire constitutional system" demands a hard response, does it not? I mean, that's pretty f***ing serious, no? What do they think? That saying it is going to make him think twice, or that they're sending up an alarm that will rally the citizenry?

These impotent Republicans want to be seen as opposing him for their own electoral reasons, but if they wanted to stop the destruction of the entire constitutional system, they'd f***ing do something about it besides whine.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
  I found it more interesting to see who didn't sign the letter even though the letter is bullshyt.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Reminds me of the Monty Python movie where the defenders of the castle hurled insults and kept saying "nih!" (Not sure how you'd spell that)

Of course they could threaten to fart in their general direction, too

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
"Threatening the entire constitutional system" demands a hard response, does it not? I mean, that's pretty f***ing serious, no? What do they think? That saying it is going to make him think twice, or that they're sending up an alarm that will rally the citizenry?

These impotent Republicans want to be seen as opposing him for their own electoral reasons, but if they wanted to stop the destruction of the entire constitutional system, they'd f***ing do something about it besides whine.

::thinking::

Can't be just us...this statement just makes too much sense...

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
It isn't just us Libertas - I've been seeing this sentiment all over the web. And the flip-side from the left taunting us ("Do something - I dare you"!). They recognize the same impotence that we do and are mocking us.

Now I don't personally respond to mockery but what I do know is that sooner or later someone will. If we don't respond in the orthodox, legal, traditional manner then "we" (someone or someones) will act out. It can be considered an inevitability.

I've already openly declared that I've withdrawn my consent - I do not recognize or respect Ă˜bongo's authority - but it isn't like I'm wading out onto a freeway in defiance of the onslaught of automobiles. I obey the laws I feeeeeeeeeel like obeying and "F" the ones that are offensive.

What the last five+ years have taught me is that I am truly alone...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Yeah, I'm right there with ya 'Soup.