Author Topic: Darn. Looks like I'll miss it.  (Read 1076 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Darn. Looks like I'll miss it.
« on: April 26, 2014, 05:48:03 PM »
All because of work.

AMY WOLD

awold@theadvocate.com

April 26, 2014
Comments

Starting at noon Sunday, downtown Baton Rouge will welcome celebrants to the Louisiana Earth Day festival along North Boulevard.

The day includes educational booths and hands-on activities for all ages until 5 p.m., but the music will continue until 8:30 p.m.

There will be food and music, but the focus of the annual event is to share information about sustainable living and encourage people to adopt a more environmentally friendly outlook.

“All of us have come together with one goal in mind, which is to make this world a better place,” Mayor-President Melvin “Kip” Holden, said at a press conference Friday.

The mayor and his wife, Lois, will lead a bike ride for all ages through downtown as part of the Mayor’s Annual Family Bike Day. Registration for the bike ride begins at noon on Fourth Street between North Boulevard and Convention Street. The ride starts at 12:30 p.m. and goes down Convention Street, north on Third Street to the State Library and back down Lafayette and Convention to the starting point.

The festival will have free valet bicycle parking so people can secure their bicycles as they attend other parts of the event.

Micaela Coner, president of the Louisiana Earth Day board, said the 2014 theme is “We protect what we love” and booths will include everything from information on gardening to recycling to a vegetarian food vendor area. None of it would be possible without the numerous sponsors and hundreds of volunteers who make the event work every year, she said.

More information about the festival is available at www.laearthday.org.

Looks like I'll be missing all of the festivities. Too bad. I think I'd like riding a carbon spewing Harley for the bike ride. ::evilbat::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Darn. Looks like I'll miss it.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 05:52:06 PM »
 ::doublebird::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Darn. Looks like I'll miss it.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 09:51:32 AM »
Some chains attached to burning tires would make a swell accessory for that noisy Harley!   ;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.