Author Topic: Paul Ryan booed and harassed at town hall meeting  (Read 3174 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Paul Ryan booed and harassed at town hall meeting
« on: April 20, 2011, 07:21:24 PM »
Paul Ryan on upper income taxes

The man questioning Rep. Ryan described himself as a “lifelong conservative.”

Yeah right… There are hundreds of “lifelong conservatives” who want to tax the rich, expand government and redistribute wealth.

I love when they do that on the radio, "I am a Conservative, but" (and you know everything that comes before the "but" is BS, right?) they lub dem sum rob-Peter-to-pay-Paul statism.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Paul Ryan booed and harassed at town hall meeting
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 07:58:40 PM »
I always assume it's total BS.  If on the off chance it's not then I know the person has no idea what conservative even means.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 08:38:12 PM »

I hope Ryan doesn't allow himself to be set-up again.  His staff must do better show-prep than this.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 08:43:00 PM »
Hey, didja notice how he got indignant and told those ungratefuls in the audience to STFU?

(Me neither)

Must not be a dhimmicratic

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 09:13:03 PM »
The demagoguery against his proposals immediately call to mind that quote about the Achilles' heel of democratic government being the point where the citizenry inevitably figures out it can vote gifts to itself from the public treasury.

I can't begin to describe how sick I am of hearing all the bellyaching about this or that entitlement program. You just want to throttle some sense into these people -- the well has run dry, you morons!

Makers vs. Takers. There's your sides in the coming war.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 09:20:37 PM »

Yep.

Another reason why I marvel at the perfect timing of Atlas Shrugged's appearance in the theaters.  It is certainly a movie for our times.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 09:22:57 PM by rickl »
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 10:23:27 PM »
I always assume it's total BS.  If on the off chance it's not then I know the person has no idea what conservative even means.

Nobody needs to announce what they are we'll know as soon as the open their mouths.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 09:30:59 AM »
 "I am a Conservative, but"

translates into

I'm a pussy leftist but I'm ashamed to admit to being such...

RickZ

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 11:07:22 AM »

translates into

Over at Gateway Pundit, it's so damn amusing how the proglibtard trolls all use nicks with word 'conservative' in it, or some variation on a theme, as if that gives them cred.  Once they type, they give the game away, just like this tool in the vid did.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 11:29:14 AM »
What's a conservative but?

A jackass.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 11:32:14 AM »
What's a conservative but?

A jackass.

::rolllaughing::

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Delta Force

• Likes the place
  • "You can run, but you'll just die tired!"
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 11:43:30 AM »

translates into

You are soooo right.  Every time I hear that disclaimer, I get the shovel out.  These morons haven't got a clue as to the definition of "Conservative."

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 10:32:34 AM »
I heard Paul Ryan on 1130 AM WISN http://www.newstalk1130.com/main.html--Milwaukee this morning.  He's doing 4 townhalls a day. Whew!  He said he's getting standing ovations.  He said he does get a few doubters in each group but for the most part when he explains his plan they see he's not cutting them off. 

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 11:02:30 AM »
The "I'm a conservative , but..." preamble is worse than just Leftists who fear revealing who they are. They're liars, attempting to portray themselves as ideological allies with whomever conservative they happen to be attacking, in order to give the false impression that the conservative whom they are attacking is opposed from within his or her own ranks.

It's the lamest, most transparent tactic imaginable. It's like something a child would dream up. Or like the used car salesman who says, "Can I be honest with ya?" right before he tells you a boldfaced lie.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 11:07:37 AM »
The "I'm a conservative , but..." preamble is worse than just Leftists who fear revealing who they are. They're liars, attempting to portray themselves as ideological allies with whomever conservative they happen to be attacking, in order to give the false impression that the conservative whom they are attacking is opposed from within his or her own ranks.

It's the lamest, most transparent tactic imaginable. It's like something a child would dream up. Or like the used car salesman who says, "Can I be honest with ya?" right before he tells you a boldfaced lie.

I'll tell you the truth,That to me means up till now you've been lying.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 06:05:54 AM »

More like Parasites vs. Producers
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 08:10:08 AM »
What should piss everyone off is the MSM passing these disturbances off as true reactions by Ryan's constituents when they know damned well that those people were planted by Lefty Union Democrat Thugs !

Offline michelleo

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2011, 10:35:18 AM »
Paul Ryan is winning the argument.  Check out this Gallup poll via gatewaypundit:

Even a majority of democrats think the government is spending too much money.  Amazing.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2011, 11:09:05 AM »
I think you're right, Ryan is winning the argument. But these poll results (also from Gallup) are illustrative of our problem. Only one age group prefers Obama's "plan" for SS/Medicare, and it is the very same age group getting shafted the worst by it. Our education system has truly churned out generations unable to engage in critical thinking. What unthinking Obamatons!

GOP/Ryan PlanDumbocrat/Obama "Plan"No Opinion
Adults43%44%14%
Ages 18-2930%53%16%
Ages 30-4945%39%16%
Ages 50-6447%41%12%
Age 65+48%42%10%

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/265758/poll-ryangop-get-high-marks-budget-plan-andrew-stiles
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2011, 11:57:43 AM »
Remember that while Hubert Humphrey said that politics was "The Art of the Possible", politics is first and foremost (and always has been) the pursuit of self-interest. Why torture yourself with delayed gratification when you can "have it all" now. Never very high on the list, the principle of small sacrifices towards the greater good has virtually disappeared. How many years have they been warning us that SS was broke? Are the checks still coming? How many generations ago did we begin "The Great Society"? How many discovered that it was a free ride with unlimited do-overs?

As long as those checks keep coming, they'll continue to vote for the easy fix and the status quo. It matters not that they can see the washed out bridge ahead - they are committed and so full steam ahead.

The question will be what they'll do when the checks stop coming and just how widespread the violence will be...