Author Topic: Genies, Bottles and Gun Confiscation by the numbers.  (Read 700 times)

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Genies, Bottles and Gun Confiscation by the numbers.
« on: May 12, 2014, 02:50:02 PM »
So some of you may have notice I haven't been running the NICS pool anymore. I got tired. So I stopped.  But I ran out to check them today

The Year to Date totals have use running about 800,000 less NIC checks than last year, which maxed out at 21 Million.  This could be due to the economy, the gun laws,  the price of guns and ammo, or simply saturation.

However, they are still running FAR higher than they did in previous years. All this indicates is that we MAY have peaked and there may be a slight drop off, but not back to Bush year levels - but back to 2012 levels.  But lets put this in perspective.  Since Obama was elected in Nov 2008,  there have been  96,616,034 NICs checks. NICS checks can multiple gun purchases on them, and are often used for CCW applications so not every one represents a purchased firearm However   If 60% of themresulted in a gun sale, that means that  60  MILLION new firearms have been purchased over the last 6 years.

According to wikipedia there are 20,734,808 active duty military,    38,158,415 reservists and    16,940,544 para-military troops IN THE WORLD.  So yes,  that 60% would buy a firearm for every single active and reserve military individual IN THE WORLD. If the number is higher - towards 80%, we could have armed the para-military forces as well.   And the leftists think they can confiscate all of those weapons, and violate the constitutional using 2-3 Million troops and law enforcement?

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Genies, Bottles and Gun Confiscation by the numbers.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 07:43:15 AM »
It is curious too that we jumped to double-digits in yearly totals (in millions) in 2006 and 2007...indicating to me that a great many of us saw the bad omens lining up well before Lord Obama came along...many of us smelled evil in the wind...and then the financial crisis hit and those tend to amp up peoples unease.  But I well remember that fall of 2008, the activity in the local shops I patronize really spiked from September into October and didn't let up for what seems like ever!

And your assessment could be high, people like me and others here and elsewhere I know are skewing those up with multiple purchases over the years and permit applications and such...but maybe not as high as we think.  Even if we assume for arguments sake that three fourths are multiple and one fourth are single, that still means at least half of the total could represent single ownership, which would be about 48 million.  Accounting for people who have owned firearms long before this time, passed them down to succeeding generations etc, plus "new" owners...I have to believe at least 80-90 million have firearms.  So yes, confiscation looks daunting, but with leftists I leave nothing to chance, they will make parts, importations and ammo scarce and try to choke us off.  Of course that only means we'll practice less and hoard more of what we have for when we need it.  And I don't think they have that much time to play with, the economy will implode long before that long play has a chance to work.  Kind of makes the civil war scenario much more possible the more I think about it.  And like I've said before, we'll make Bosnia look like a Boy Scout Jamboree...the multiple levels of fractures and petty jealousies the Left has created over the years combined with the animosities built up within targeted groups like us bitter clingers is going to unleash a Hellish torrent of violence.  Oh well, they asked for it.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.