Author Topic: Botched execution in OK, fire up the anti-Death penalty clowns  (Read 815 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20140430/us-oklahoma-double-execution-14de86edee.html

Typical AP fashion...go waaaaay down to read the vile crap this guy pulled to deserve his fate, then ask yourself if you care how the bastard died.

Honestly, to me he still got off way too damned easy!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Botched execution in OK, fire up the anti-Death penalty clowns
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 08:08:12 AM »
Are these the same people who think it's OK to kill unborn babies?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 08:27:54 AM »
Yes, many of them are of that ilk...but the babies had it coming to them....I guess that's what they think....

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 04:49:50 PM »
all this incident deserves is an "oops! sorry about that".

while no one tried to torture this guy, the intent was to proceed in an humane manner, this killer does not deserve one iota of sympathy from anyone and perhaps karma just came back and gave him his just rewards
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 05:34:05 PM »
Large backstory on this issue and these particular executions:

http://www.redstate.com/2014/04/25/articles-impeachment-introduced-majority-oklahoma-supreme-court/

The Criminal Court redlighted the executions; the Civil Court issued a stay -- even taking the case on appeal is out of their jurisdiction -- based on "because of the political pressure placed on pharmaceutical companies, states using lethal injection are finding it difficult to obtain supplies of the necessary drugs. This has led states to start keeping the names of suppliers confidential and attorneys to start attacking the death penalty based on the drugs being ineffective or insufficiently pain-free".

Yeah, tell that to their victims.

So, the Civil Court withdrew the stay and the execution went forward.  Anybody else find it hinky that it didn't go off "without a hitch"?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 02:43:12 AM »
Well, I will always favor the trapeze method of capital punishment which is about the same thing that I have advocated for Club Gitmo members...gently shoving them out the side door of a C130 over shark infested waters. Bonus: It's recycling.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 06:50:37 AM »
Pan - "Anybody else find it hinky that it didn't go off 'without a hitch'?"

Nope, not in latter day prog-happy America deep into Obamunism...sounds like a play right out of Allinsky's book for demons.

Trap - "...gently shoving them out the side door of a C130 over shark infested waters. Bonus: It's recycling."

I like it, but I think the sharks deserve a warmer meal...I mean at too high an altitude and some of thus chum might not be awake for their finned pals below...

My idea has always been to take the worst of the worst (murderers, pedophiles and pederasts, rapists, progressive politicians...) and put them on a remote island, pen in some sharks around the island, and the only prison staff required are surface and sub-surface patrols ensuring the shark net is unmolested and nobody trying to swim out makes it past that barrier (as long as the barrier is intact they won't).  And the surface patrol craft should be armed with the latest and greatest in SAM technology to prevent any rescues from the air...the only air traffic allowed should be for new arrivals to be dumped in the middle of the thing.  What this scum does to each other shouldn't concern anybody outside its perimeter.

But your recycling angle I really like, eco-nuts should really dig that one, eh?

::hysterical::