Author Topic: 2016 Summer Games in Rio (which is their winter...?) prep's not going well  (Read 7554 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
So glad we didn't get the games here in the Chicago area. 

Plus it was delicious to see city politicians not get what they thought they had in the bag.   I mean even the chosen one flew off to Europe to lobby for it.   I guess he thought they would just give it to him just because he is Barry the king.......

Loved how they got bumped off in the first round. 

Frankly the more I learn about the olympics,  the less I like it.   Their choices of venues,  frankly couldn't have been worse.   Where is the next one going to be?  North Korea?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Heh, yeah...Pyongyang would be swell, eh?

If a native athlete fails to win they'll feed him to the starving masses...

And that nutball Rodman can sit up on the dais with Lil' un!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
This is so going to be a fun summer...Us kabuki election highjinks, economy going deeper into the crapper, world going apeshyt, and now the olympics in Brazil are about to go full-retard!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-19/olympics-looms-officials-warn-rio-close-social-collapse

They have one President whacked, impeaching another, economy near collapse, Zika virus raging, olympics is way short of volunteers and God knows what the accomodation is down there for athletes and tourists...

How would you like to hear the starting gun go off for a race and next thing you know more shots ring out?

You couldn't bribe me with anything to be anywhere near this fustercluck...should be a hoot to watch on world-wide TV though should crap hit the fan though...

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
I thought North Korea was hosting it this year?

::laughonfloor::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Indicted.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/14/world/americas/cristina-fernandez-kirchner-indicted.html?_r=0

Who would have thought it possible?  Brazil having a better functioning justice system than the US? 

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Still on the bright side...

I'm a male chauvinist pig. Sue me.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Man, her back must get plenty sore.   ;D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
These games are going to be a riot...perhaps for real.  Last I heard not all the venues were ready yet and accomodations for athletes and visitors were in short supply.

And now, the Zika is going wild - http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-07-18/rio-s-olympic-hospitals-unable-to-take-new-patients-report-says

And something tells me there is some uncertainty over all the transmission mechanisms.

Couple that with a crappy economy and neighbors going into the crapper...this event could be a riot.

I think the lucky people are those not going!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Ansar al-Khilafah Brazil has pledged allegiance to ISIS

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3697607/Brazilian-extremists-group-South-America-pledge-allegiance-ISIS.html#ixzz4Ex17X3hK

And three weeks to go...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
As we approach these games...more new "firsts" tallying up...

Rotting corpses have been spotted floating at the rat-­infested sailing and wind-surfing venue as officials try to clean it up before the opening ceremony a week today.

Athletes competing in events in the polluted Guanabara Bay are being told to 'close their mouths'

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1512281/team-gbs-olympics-watersport-athletes-warned-unsafe-rio-venue-with-sewage-excrement-dead-body-rio-2016-olympic-games-brazil/

Wow, really?  That's it?  I would encourage athletes to stay home.  Terror threats, rat and corpse infested waters, venues still not complete , poor housing for athletes (athletes complaining that the Olympic Village is a sh*thole!) and attendees, social and economic unrest, Zika, gang-rapes...and  now unhappy government workers are rioting and disrupting the torch procession.

And if anything this popular unrest and belief that these games are a bad idea might be cresting at the worst time for Olympic participants and fans.

Seriously, what sane person would go anywhere near this disaster?   ::whatgives::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
No medal of any color can be worth going there.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
And if Zika is an increasing issue here at home in Miami especially, how much more rampant is it in Rio?

::speechless::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Still on the bright side...

I'm a male chauvinist pig. Sue me.

Well....it is likely their best export.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
The POS Olympics. As an athlete, I've always had an affinity for the games...but not these games. I hope tragedy besets the festivities...daily. Sewage infested water, alligators, unsafe streets...protests & worldwide implosion...

#F*ckTheGames
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
One cool thing though, the first gold medal of the games was to a 19 year old American girl who won gold in the women's 10m air rifle competition.  I am actually sort of amazed that the PC police have allowed the Olympics to still have any sort of shooting competitions.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
I am actually sort of amazed that the PC police have allowed the Olympics to still have any sort of shooting competitions.

That would make 2 of us.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
One cool thing though, the first gold medal of the games was to a 19 year old American girl who won gold in the women's 10m air rifle competition.  I am actually sort of amazed that the PC police have allowed the Olympics to still have any sort of shooting competitions.

I was shocked they let her thank her father for taking her hunting and teaching her to shoot and that WVU has a shooting team!  I mean men, killing natures furry little creatures...universities promoting shooting...Progs have to be appalled such Neanderthal activity still exists and the Feminazi's have to be sickened such a thing continues to lure young women away from their clutches!

:D   ::cool::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Bitch ass Egyptian sore loser refuses to shake hand or bow to victorious Israeli opponent in the judo event.  This image is actually emblematic of Arab culture in general: inferiority complex sublimated into an aggressive belligerence.

http://www.reddit.com/r/olympics/comments/4xdm67/egyptian_sore_loser_refuses_to_shake_hands_with/

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly