Author Topic: Chi-Com Plans to deal with a collapsing North Korea leaked to Japanese media  (Read 547 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/10808719/China-plans-for-North-Korean-regime-collapse-leaked.html

Leaked, eh?  By whom, and intending what purpose?

Seems to me the plan is to take over the territory rather than let it fall into South Korean or US hands.  Seems pretty obvious to me the warning is meant to tell ROK & US leaders to back off in case the Nork's slide into chaos or else China will open up a can...

Seems to me the leaker might be doing this at Politburo request, this avenue of delivery perhaps underscoring either the seriousness of their threat and/or the hope that it works without having to be tested.

Given the loser in the WH I don't think the Chi-Com's have much to worry about...anybody thinking that fool will enter into aggressive kinetic action to save a Chi-Com puppet from its master is smoking some strong stuff!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
No doubt they intend on taking it when the time is right, why wouldn't they?   The new NK kid dictator is extra wacko,  so his regime will be far easier to topple.     I doubt he will grow to be an old man.   He will go down hard and fast. 

The US will do nothing with Commander Cuckoo-Bananas living at 1600.  South Korea and Japan will have little they can do.   The best South Korea can hope for is that chaos in North Korea won't destabilize the south.    They will be in China's orbit more no matter what happens.   Hillary when she moves in 1600 will give the Chinese another decade to to tighten its grasp on NK as well.    They may as well make it a province of China like Tibet. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
South Korea would really be in a pinch, Japan at least has some sea between, but little comfort beyond that.  If these nations were smart they'd come up with their own answer to the BRICS just out of self interest...if two leading nations with a tangled history like South Korea & Japan were to approach Taiwan, the Philipines, Australia, New Zealand and the scattered Pacific island nations and form tighter economic, trade and military bonds (basically everybody not in the ASEAN orbit) I think that would be a positive thing.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.