Author Topic: Obama's deficit plan --more nonsense  (Read 4748 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: Obama's deficit plan --more nonsense
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2011, 03:13:42 PM »
The only "ocean" of money left, and there's a lot less than there used to be, is in private IRAs and 401ks.  It must kill the left right now to know there's no chance they'll be getting their hands on it right now.  If they get back in power in the House, that's what they'll go after.

There may be no "ocean" of money but there is a "gulf" of money ($27 Billion) remaining from the BP oil spill.  In other words, Obama has paid out less than $3 Billion of the $30 Billion dollars he extorted from BP.
Where is it?  In his stash. 

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2011, 07:14:52 AM »
This chart was posted yesterday at Ace of Spades (it's from the Wall Street Journal):

In case you don't know the line, Willie Sutton was a notorious bank robber, and when a reporter asked him, "Why do you rob banks?" he answered, simply, "Because that's where the money is." I think the reporter meant to ask why do you rob at all, whereas Sutton took the question to mean why do you rob banks. Sutton just assumed the "robbing" part and focused on the choice of target.

The Democrats have a similar mentality. If you put them under truth serum and ask "Why are you creating the circumstances under which we will have no choice but to heavily tax the middle class?" they'll answer "Because that's where the money is." Like Willie Sutton, they assume the "rob" part is obvious; they're just focusing on the target for the heist.

The following chart is not of taxes paid by different income level cohorts -- it's a chart of the total income available to be taxed within each grouping.

Link

But, but...that's the goal of communism. Simply stated, in order for class warfare to work, you must eliminate the middle class pitting wealth against poverty, that's why it worked in Russia initially, peasants against the aristocracy, unitl the peasants realzed that they traded one tyrant for another.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2011, 10:59:54 AM »
I jumped in today in the silver market. Wish I had made the decision a year ago.

I did too just before it broke through 40.  It's going over 46 right now and is poised to break 50 a lot earlier than I thought.  If Repub's blink and let Obama & Co have more credit and debt, it'll just keep climbing.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2011, 02:25:29 PM »

I'm looking for property right now.

If I were younger I would  increase and leverage that/those purchase with as big a loan possible.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2011, 02:38:23 PM »

I'm looking for property right now.

If I were younger I would  increase and leverage that/those purchase with as big a loan possible.

How do you calculate the leverage when you don't have to pay back the loan?
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2011, 03:35:03 PM »

I figure the will expect me to repay the loan.

This whole thing is probably going to be worse than Carter.
Now is a buyers market and loans are as low as it goes. 
It will be a two fer.