Author Topic: Is anyone doing the Galt.io plan?  (Read 2960 times)

Offline Miltrainer

Is anyone doing the Galt.io plan?
« on: May 13, 2014, 06:36:23 PM »
I know I don't post much on this website..... too busy trying to pay Uncle Sam. Or, most of you already express yourselves much better than I could ever hope for.
Anywho....
Some of you may have heard of the website started by Jason Lewis. It's called Galt.io I did the minimum pledge to help start this new website/activist website. Just wondering who has joined it. It sounds like an interesting concept. Jason Lewis is a syndicated talk show host who is becoming popular. He used to fill in on Rush Limbaugh show, but today not so much.
I listen too him often here in the Minneapolis area. I think he is one of the smartest talk show commentators on radio. He is right up there with Limbaugh, Levin and Prager.
This website is in it's final stages of going full out.
I'm debating on pledging more money as one of the founding member/investor. I would really like to pick the brains of people who have heard of the site and listen to your input.
I was also thinking that the site could be another way to drive traffic here. Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm not trying to recruit. I'm trying to figure out if it may be a way for me to support a cause.
You want the truth?....You can't handle the truth!

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Is anyone doing the Galt.io plan?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 07:38:11 PM »
I've heard Jason speak about this on many occasions, and for the life of me, I don't understand how it's supposed to work.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 08:05:02 PM »
Never heard of it, but I don't get out much. I tried to cruise the site to see what it's about, but it doesn't give instructions on how to join.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Miltrainer

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 10:30:52 PM »
Right now it is invite only from a member. I really don't want to push this on people. It also deals with Galt coins for different causes. You can start causes or support causes by using Galt coins. These you get by creating causes and getting support from other members. These Galt coins are similar to what a Bit coin is. I noticed that a ton of people have joined the site. Seems like a good cause. I'm still trying to figure it all out. I thought some members here would have joined.
Jason Lewis was pretty much one of the originators of what is now known as the Tea Party Movement. I went to one of his tax cut rallies back in 2007 I believe. Same with groups: Taxes Payers League, Protect the Vote etc... Currently it is being renovated for the big launch in a couple of days.
You want the truth?....You can't handle the truth!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 07:47:37 AM »
Never heard of it until now, but then I haven't been tuning into his show much since I get into work so early I am home earlier and off doing other things.  From what I am able to gather it seems that there is some general confusion in conservative-leaning ranks what this is and what it is supposed to accomplish.

I did find this video at this link - http://www.unitedliberty.org/articles/15708-jason-lewis-to-launch-galtio-project

It sounds like he wants to create a "virtual Glat's Gulch", a digital networking/activist community people can use to right wrongs, remove & replace local elected officials and such...the Galt coins thing seems like some sort of club merit token like the challenge tokens the military has adopted over the years.  It is not "Going Galt" like some think and which seems to be confusing people.

I am not opposed to it in principle, I think it is fine and may have some merit, but I think people should go into it not expecting anything miraculous or anything that is going to have enough time to effect a peaceful change to the issues that surround and confound us, we simply do not have that much time.  Twenty years ago, at minimum perhaps, we could be seeing the fruits of such an endeavor, if implemented back then perhaps it could have been the networking genesis uniting all conservative leaning factions and purging the GOP of its deadwood and taking the fight to the Dem's...

So...

Don't expect miracles is all I advise...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 09:45:40 AM »
I heard him speak about it the very first night he made the announcement, maybe a month or two ago. I didn't get it then, and when he's spoken about it since, I still don't get it. I've visited the website, and I still don't get it. I hear the words, and I understand the sentiment, but the concept seems completely nebulous.

It's kinda like Twitter to me. I've registered; I can tweet; but for the life of me, I can't grasp the practical applicable use of the tool, no matter how much everyone else is raving about it.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 10:24:53 AM »
Maybe you're not doing it right?

::pokeineye::   ;D

OK, seriously though, if your're in it and don't get it, then either it isn't fully off the ground yet, or it is what it is and it dies from its own lack of momentum...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.