Topics > General Board

Huck ticked Beck called him a "progressive"

(1/5) > >>

Pandora:
Once more, Beck receiving flak as a sure sign he's over the target.

Huck Rips Glenn Beck: He’s Creating Another “Boogeyman” Hiding in the Closet

--- Quote ---Via Huckpac:

This week Glenn Beck has taken to his radio show to attack me as a Progressive, which he has said is the same as a “cancer” and a “Nazi.” What did I do that apparently caused him to link me to a fatal disease and a form of government that murdered millions of innocent Jews? I had the audacity—not of hope—but the audacity to give respect to the efforts of First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move campaign to address childhood obesity. I’m no fan of her husband’s policies for sure, but I have appreciated her efforts that Beck misrepresented—either out of ignorance or out of a deliberate attempt to distort them to create yet another “boogey man” hiding in the closet that he and only he can see. The First Lady’s approach is about personal responsibility—not the government literally taking candy from a baby’s mouth.
--- End quote ---

Whoa, whoa!  What?  "Not the government taking"?

First lady Michelle Obama on March 17 challenged the Grocery Manufacturers Association and its member companies to join her in fighting childhood obesity.

After wrapping her arms around the retail giant Wal-Mart and trying to cajole food makers into producing nutrition labels that are easier to understand, Michelle Obama, the first lady and a healthy-eating advocate, has her sights set on a new target: the nation’s restaurants.

"... in a bid to get restaurants to adopt her goals of smaller portions and children’s meals that include healthy offerings like carrots, apple slices and milk instead of French fries and soda, according to White House and industry officials."

In her gentile {sic} and diplomatic way, Obama is openly questioning whether the new labeling system is going to meet “the needs of American consumers.” It’s likely that Mrs. Obama thinks the scheme could fall short because it allows food manufacturers to include a sales pitch on the front of their packages, something that could further confuse already completely befuddled consumers.

While she doesn't presently have the power to pass legislation, this sounds to me a great deal similar to her husband's warning to certain CEO's that he's the only thing standing between them and "the pitchforks".  

Huckabee's been more than happy to climb on the nanny-state bandwagon with regard to your diet, and now he's equally happy to lie about what his fellow-travelers are up to under the cover of praise.

Libertas:
Never cared much for the Huckster.

And what does he have to gain by getting in a pissing contest with Beck?  And over Michlele Obama?!

I guess Huck doesn't think she has any influence over her hubby...(but why am I thinking of Eva Braun...?)

Methinks he doth protest way too much!

:P

Grow up Huck!

Better yet, shut up and go away!

::mooning::

charlesoakwood:

He'll lie about being pro union also.

Libertas:
Or about buying into AGW!

Glock32:
Or letting scumbags out of jail early so they can murder more people.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version