Author Topic: Hypocrisy and the Beverly Hills Hotel  (Read 611 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Hypocrisy and the Beverly Hills Hotel
« on: May 18, 2014, 11:59:49 AM »
I had sort of heard of this but hadn't bothered to read about it until this morning. The summary of the story:

Jay Leno, Ellen DeGeneres, Sharon Osbourne, Kim Kardashian and other great geopolitical thinkers engaged in a boycott here. Their stance: The hotel is owned by the Sultan of Brunei, who has just instituted Sharia law in his small Southeast Asian nation; until the sultan sells the hotel, or reverses his recent decision, no one should book a room or a banquet hall or a power lunch.

“We’re just making people aware,” Leno told CNN. “It’s not a political issue. This is not something that’s debatable.”

The hypocrisy should be obvious to anyone with a brain (which largely eliminates most of the entertainer demographic) in that this is the ONLY instance where H'wood types are objecting to anything even vaguely related to islam.

What is pathetic is that they are, in their brave political stance, harming American hotel workers almost exclusively. And, as pointed out in the linked story, they are harming the only non-union hotel workers in all of Los Angeles. Typical.

If they really wanted to be brave and make a statement with some impact they would make films (a lot of them) that highlight the various and sundry grotesque savageries that are part and parcel of both sharia law and islam. If they did that I would be impressed but I'm not holding my breath.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Hypocrisy and the Beverly Hills Hotel
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 12:31:47 PM »
It's selective outrage.  And typical of the Left.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"