Author Topic: Springfield Armory U.S. M1 Garand Semi-Auto Rifle Auction  (Read 2303 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Springfield Armory U.S. M1 Garand Semi-Auto Rifle Auction
« on: November 11, 2014, 08:35:35 AM »
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=449483724

6 1/2 days out and already over a grand!   ::gaah::

See, if we could just get somebody (neither Bush's ever did jack sh*t!) to release those surplus Korean ones...we could all benefit from the drop in price due to plentiful supply...

Until then...prices will keep going up on these babies at every auction...   :'(
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Re: Springfield Armory U.S. M1 Garand Semi-Auto Rifle Auction
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 09:27:36 PM »
You gad your chances with the CMP to get 1 or 2 or 3......

M1A's are fetching a pretty penny as well.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 06:21:40 AM »
 ::cussing::  Obama!

Set my Korean M1's free!!!

Cue the plagues!!!

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 09:14:52 PM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 06:36:42 AM »
Just 35, well if that's all...

Wait, 35...thousand.   ::bashing::

There's always a hitch...

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 07:21:26 AM »

And if it weren't rare as they are this day after uncle Scam purposely destroyed majority of them all because of the criminal element(Bonnie and Clyde amongst others) we would have more than a few of the stamped steel receivers still out there. Damn asshole criminals. This forged model wold surely have turned heads amongst those that know the history. ::bashing::

Any thoughts on the other hyperlinks?

There is still another option Rock Island Auction http://www.rockislandauction.com/home

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 07:40:59 AM »

And if it weren't rare as they are this day after uncle Scam purposely destroyed majority of them all because of the criminal element(Bonnie and Clyde amongst others) we would have more than a few of the stamped steel receivers still out there. Damn asshole criminals. This forged model wold surely have turned heads amongst those that know the history. ::bashing::

There is still another option Rock Island Auction http://www.rockislandauction.com/home

Yeah, you are right.

Those M1's will climb over $1k easy too.  The one link is weird, says a bid is entered but doesn't say what it is.  Anyway, I am always looking but I have a lot of stuff on my plate right now, folks/lake expenses not the least problematic.  I am hoping, somehow, those Korean era ones get set free, then they'll be going at more reasonable prices.  If not, I still have my AR and a few other long guns.  And truth be told I am a far better pistol shooter than long gun shooter...the latter more impacted by reduction in sight...even though I need glasses for distance, my prescription is not that strong and I can see without them, I just have a harder time sighting down a long barrrel with or without glasses.  It is frustrating, before 30 I had better than 20-20 vision.

Holy Moses, that RIA link has a zillion things!  I could kill a weekend pouring over that site!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 02:54:45 PM »
If you can't get a Garand, you could consider a new manufacture Springfield M1A.  To me that's the zenith of the battle rifle.  Even with all the synthetic materials and space age alloys developed since the 50s, there's something timeless about walnut and steel.

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 05:04:51 PM »
If you can't get a Garand, you could consider a new manufacture Springfield M1A.  To me that's the zenith of the battle rifle.  Even with all the synthetic materials and space age alloys developed since the 50s, there's something timeless about walnut and steel.

Only $1549 to $1999.  What a beautiful machine.   
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2014, 09:24:05 PM »
Virtually the same operating rod advancement as the Garand. Can't go wrong either way but the Garand has that been to several fights and history on it's belt while the M1-A has it's heritage from the M-14 with very little difference accept the select fire control. It was uncontrollable as a machine gun thus ineffective unless used with care. With today's M-4 select fire in 3 round burst mode it surely would have been a keeper. Just dreaming. ::thinking::

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2014, 09:25:36 PM »

Yeah, you are right.

Those M1's will climb over $1k easy too.  The one link is weird, says a bid is entered but doesn't say what it is.  Anyway, I am always looking but I have a lot of stuff on my plate right now, folks/lake expenses not the least problematic.  I am hoping, somehow, those Korean era ones get set free, then they'll be going at more reasonable prices.  If not, I still have my AR and a few other long guns.  And truth be told I am a far better pistol shooter than long gun shooter...the latter more impacted by reduction in sight...even though I need glasses for distance, my prescription is not that strong and I can see without them, I just have a harder time sighting down a long barrrel with or without glasses.  It is frustrating, before 30 I had better than 20-20 vision.

Holy Moses, that RIA link has a zillion things!  I could kill a weekend pouring over that site!
I know I have ;D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2014, 06:35:54 AM »

It is simple functional beauty I'll give you that, and don't think I haven't thought of nabbing one, I considered it back when I got my AR.  If I can stash a little aside for one I will.  If I can get one of those liberated Korean M1's I'll grab one.  I have about a half dozen other serious items on my wish list.  I am not lacking in appetite.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2014, 06:38:08 AM »

Yeah, you are right.

I know I have ;D

I am entering that time of the year where I have to get caught up on my BIL's books so my weekends are jammed from now till early December, but I can see myself pouring over these pages as I enter into Christmas vacation.
 ;)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2014, 11:14:35 AM »

Schwiiiinnnnngggg!
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero