Author Topic: More VA problems (Miami)  (Read 1140 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
More VA problems (Miami)
« on: May 21, 2014, 06:31:14 PM »
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/05/20/miami-va-whistleblower-exposes-drug-dealing-theft-abuse/

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – When asked why he would risk his job and speak publicly, Detective Thomas Fiore considered the question carefully before answering.

“People are dying,” he finally said, “and there are so many things that are going on there that people need to know about.”

Fiore, a criminal investigator for the VA police department in South Florida, contacted CBS4 News hoping to shed light on what he considers a culture of cover-ups and bureaucratic neglect. Among his charges: Drug dealing on the hospital grounds is a daily occurrence.

“Anything from your standard prescription drugs like OxyContin, Vicodin, Percocet, and of course marijuana, cocaine, heroin, I’ve come across them all,” he explained.

Even inside the hospital, he says he was stopped from doing his job – investigating reports of missing drugs from the VA pharmacy. When the amount of a particular drug inside the pharmacy doesn’t match the amount that the pharmacy is supposed to have, a report, known as a “discrepancy report” is generated. Normally it was his job to investigate the reports to determine if they were the result of harmless mistakes or criminal activity. But all that changed, he said, about two years ago.

“I was instructed that I was to stop conducting investigations pertaining to controlled substance discrepancies,” he recalled.

He said he was personally told to stop investigating them by the hospital’s chief of staff, Dr. Vincent DeGennaro.

“I have no idea why,” he said. “He’s the chief of staff he doesn’t have to tell me why.”

DeGennaro declined our request for an interview. A spokesman for the VA wrote CBS4 News: “The Miami VA is required to monitor all controlled substances and resolve inventory discrepancies within 72 hours. Any unresolved discrepancies are reported to the Miami VA Healthcare System Director and Controlled Substance Coordinator, VA OIG, DEA and VA Police for independent investigation.”

Another complete waste of taxpayer dollars with no benefits to the people who served their country.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline richb

• Established Member
Re: More VA problems (Miami)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 09:01:15 PM »
There is going to be stuff like this all over the country.   This will be one of the biggest scandals of the Obama regime. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: More VA problems (Miami)
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 06:45:38 AM »
I'm shocked, SHOCKED to find theft, corruption and criminal activity involving Federal Government personnel!!!

This does not happen in America!  And it especially does not happen in an America led by a transformative leader everyone adores!

///

There should be nooses...instead we'll have the usual DC Two-Step - lie and accuse others of your sins...and a willing MFM ready to sweep it all away...

F-U-C-K-E-D-!  (and the Vets doubly so...may every Progressive burn in Hell!)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.