Author Topic: So, when will "Order 66" (Directive 3025.18) be implemented? By January 2017?  (Read 1787 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Directive No. 3025.18, “Defense Support of Civil Authorities,” was issued Dec. 29, 2010, and states that U.S. commanders “are provided emergency authority under this directive.”

“Federal military forces shall not be used to quell civil disturbances unless specifically authorized by the president in accordance with applicable law or permitted under emergency authority,” the directive states.

“In these circumstances, those federal military commanders have the authority, in extraordinary emergency circumstances where prior authorization by the president is impossible and duly constituted local authorities are unable to control the situation, to engage temporarily in activities that are necessary to quell large-scale, unexpected civil disturbances” under two conditions.

The conditions include military support needed “to prevent significant loss of life or wanton destruction of property and are necessary to restore governmental function and public order.” A second use is when federal, state and local authorities “are unable or decline to provide adequate protection for federal property or federal governmental functions.”

“Federal action, including the use of federal military forces, is authorized when necessary to protect the federal property or functions,” the directive states.

Military assistance can include loans of arms, ammunition, vessels and aircraft. The directive states clearly that it is for engaging civilians during times of unrest.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/28/inside-the-ring-directive-outlines-obamas-policy-t/#ixzz336kDNxRN

Tick, tock, tick, tock...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Any would-be enforcers need to know that their own friends and family are being subjected to similar treatment by some other group of would-be enforcers.

How far will they be willing to go? And by "they" I mean low level grunts. I already know the depraved leadership would "fire when ready" as soon as the Death Star is in orbit around Alderaan.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
There is no longer any reason whatsoever to believe that "it can't happen here." Believing that will only make it worse when it happens, and render more death.

It wasn't long ago that I believed there was something uniquely special about the American character and constitution that eliminated such possibilities. Now I see that people are people, and nations are nations, and that the unique character has been eroded to minority status, rendering the constitution essentially meaningless to the majority.

I truly believe there is no limit to the lengths these Leftists will go. This is the greatest superpower ever known to man, and likely the greatest that ever will be. When it falls to Leftist tyranny, the misery is likely to make the 20th Century history of Leftism look like f**king patty-cake.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
I suspect that this is just an extension of the Emergency Executive Orders  already in effect,  many of which predate Obama.  ( I love how Snopes/Fact Check etc  pretend these orders aren't a big deal because they aren't "new powers" - they are OLD usurpation made during wartime so you see its all good..nothing to see here, nothing to worry about )

Its not really new News, but I suspect those carrying such orders out will meet more resistance than they would have met 20 years ago. Obama has so undermined and squandered  the authority and legitimacy of the the Fed, that there is little reason in an emergency to trust they aren't there to deprive you of your weapon and only means of self defense,  or to seize your selfish "illegal hoard" of food or ammo. People are going to shoot first, and figure out what the feds want from them later.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
People are going to shoot first, and figure out what the feds want from them later.

Sounds as good a plan as I've seen.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Yes, the Fed Reserve Act etc all passed in 1913, that is old news too, but the havoc it and its pals have wrought over the years continues and just keeps building...

No biggie...

When it all goes sideways (and it will, sooner than people would like to think!) there will be very few innocents...assuming they are here to kill/enslave/rob you is the only possible questions need answering, and they all elicit the same answer...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
There is no longer any reason whatsoever to believe that "it can't happen here." Believing that will only make it worse when it happens, and render more death.

It wasn't long ago that I believed there was something uniquely special about the American character and constitution that eliminated such possibilities. Now I see that people are people, and nations are nations, and that the unique character has been eroded to minority status, rendering the constitution essentially meaningless to the majority.

I truly believe there is no limit to the lengths these Leftists will go. This is the greatest superpower ever known to man, and likely the greatest that ever will be. When it falls to Leftist tyranny, the misery is likely to make the 20th Century history of Leftism look like f**king patty-cake.

Ever think maybe we are the great evil prophesied in the New Testament?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
I thought we were the Great Whore, Babylon...  ::whatgives::

It could work either way I guess...sucks any way you look at it...

All I know is this is NOT my America!

FYI - Copy of full directive is linked HERE!

They cite a slew of previous DoD directives and EO's and a couple US codes...but it all seems to hinge on (surprise, surprise) 1991 NDAA!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 08:20:16 AM by Libertas »