Topics > Judiciary, Crime, & Courts

Conservative Woman Hating Shooter Kills A Dozen Innocent Democrats In CA

<< < (2/2)

Weisshaupt:

--- Quote from: LadyVirginia on May 25, 2014, 11:07:03 PM ---I was busy with my family this weekend and completely missed this story. Just went and read about it. As long as people think guns are the problem then prevention of this sort of thing can't happen. So, so sad.

--- End quote ---

Apparently his own parents called the police on him, and the police, after talking to him, decided no further action was required.
He was taking those fun mind-altering drugs as well.
Locking up the mentally ill (after actual due process, not just on a doctor say so..)  might be a place to start. And yes, I think there are certain medications that should require relinquishment of your own firearms if you decide  take them- but that will only keep honest people honest, and help  prevent an altered state in a otherwise non dangerous individual  from becoming  as lethal as quickly. And of course encouraging citizen carry will end these things more quickly once they begin.

In the end  Trap is right- we don't live in kindergarten, utopia isn't around the corner, and all you can do it mitigate the possibilities - These things will still happen - no matter what you do and liberals just can't grow up and accept that.

Libertas:
If done right any writing instrument can be used to kill someone, should we eliminate all pens & pencils?

Statists will exploit all tragedies even if it means lying, because an armed and alert populace aware of their perfidy is the sole remaining threat to their total control.

AlanS:

--- Quote from: Libertas on May 26, 2014, 06:21:51 PM ---...should we eliminate all pens & pencils?

--- End quote ---

Only because they're the cause of misspelled words.

LadyVirginia:
I think y'all misunderstood what I said.

Libertas:
I think we know, LV.  You are saying the underlying tragedy has roots beyond mere inanimate objects, which I don't think anybody is disagreeing with, but it is not ever going to be the focus of the progressives dominating the media, the progressives infesting every Federal, State and Local bureaucracy or the progressives running amok in politics and the entertainment world...unless it can be used as a justification to further their agenda of banning the only inanimate object in hands of liberty-minded people that can check their march to total and absolute control over every soul.  And the Left is going to keep demonizing guns because they hate them, we are going to see (and have already seen) them using medical reasons to prevent people from having access to them...and with everything they do in the end a total ban will be offered when people realize they cannot safeguard society from every nut, that they cannot prevent all lapses in regulatory action...better to prevent all to save all than to bow to the wishes of a stale old minority holding to quaint notions of rights, they will argue.  And once guns are gone, so will combat and sporting knives...and on and on...

And criminals will continue to flaunt these ridiculous laws and exploit the folly of the progressives...and I guess if I want to hold to my quaint notions of rights and liberties I will have no other choice than to be branded a criminal.

In this story, the gun angle is all that matters to the Left, nothing else, any other truth or discussion that doesn't center on that and preventing gun ownership is going to be drown out with lies, screaming and emoting.

SSDD.

Truth and Liberty are always the first vicitims when progressives open their mouths!

ETA - More on the sordid life of this loser...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/25/justice/california-shooting-revelations/index.html

...I'm guessing associating with a bunch of Hollyweirdos from Day One probably is not an insignificant contributor to the effed up nature of this little demon...

Or maybe some of y'all are right, maybe just getting him a hooker would have mellowed the little freak...certainly his associates could help swing that...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version