Author Topic: Tutu-sporting Metrosexual Gun-Hater Wants To Tape All Gun Purchases  (Read 2095 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/05/27/plan-for-city-gun-shops-would-limit-sites-require-sales-be-taped/

::doublebird::  you and   ::doublebird::  Chitcago!

::mooning::

Seriously, that town...every libiot in it need to be bludgeoned senseless with copies of the Constitution!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Mayor Rahm Emanuel is proposing a far-reaching ordinance that would keep gun stores out of most parts of the city and require them to videotape every sale to deter customers from buying firearms for crooks.

<snipet>

“There is no question it will be the smartest, toughest regulation on gun stores in the country,” said Janey Rountree, the mayor’s deputy chief of staff for public safety. “It’s designed to prevent gun trafficking and illegal sales in these stores.

<snipet>

Those stores agreed to videotape the “point of sale” when a customer bought a gun, Rountree said. Their employees also received training from a retired federal agent on identifying potential “straw purchasers,” people who can legally buy guns but then supply criminals with them.

As a result, those dealers saw an 85 percent drop in the number of “crime guns” they sold, Rountree said.

Those folks really are clueless, aren't they? They actually believe "straw purchases" are that big of a problem? And they don't think the drop in gun sales is because the vast majority of people actually like their anonymity?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Their narrative is all that matters to them, real reasons for anything not confirming to the preconceived script is verbotten!

No proof of "crime guns" legally bought were sold to criminals vs stolen by them, convenient, eh?

So what do statist gun-hating constitution-loathing pricks do?  They assume every legal buyer is a cirminal!

Oh, and gosh...are criminals less armed and supplied from the balck market?   Yeah, umm...NO!

A big hole needs to open up and swallow all these Nazis!

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Speaking of straw purchases, what's Eric Holder's take on this? ::unknowncomic::

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Speaking of straw purchases, what's Eric Holder's take on this? ::unknowncomic::

Ohh!  Right in the (area where normal men have) nads!!!

Nice shot!   ::clapping::

Offline richb

• Established Member
With the climate that the city will have,  will anybody even open a gun shop in the city?   I know there will be people that will want to,  but the city is going to do all it can do to screw with those stores. 

Chicago is ALWAYS suing gun shops in the suburbs and N.W. Indiana.   Google,  Chucks gun shop in Riverdale, Il sometime.   It's the closest gun store to the city,  and they have tried for decades to sue them out of existence.  How they have survived,  I have no idea.

No one in their right mind is going to want to operate a gun store IN the borders of the city.   At least the shops in the suburbs and Indiana aren't  harassed by the towns they are in (in fact many of those towns love the revenue they bring in).

Hard to believe that there is no gun shops at all,  in the city of Chicago,  but there isn't.    Probably never will be many. 

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Hard to believe that there is no gun shops at all,  in the city of Chicago,  but there isn't.    Probably never will be many.

According to the article, there's 20 in the city. They jump through a LOT of hoops, and I'm sure their prices reflect that.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline richb

• Established Member
No,  those twenty dealers are all outside city limits.   In the suburbs or Indiana. 

There are currently no (legal) gun dealers within city limits.    The recently overturned gun control laws prohibit them.  Since the supreme court FINALLY ruled their "laws" unconstitutional they are being forced to allow gun shops.   They were given time to set up new ordinances allowing them.   So they are setting up the rules so there will be few to none.    Likely they will be as unconstitutional as the "laws" before them,  just like the new rules on legal guns within city limits probably are.

Whomever opens a gun shop in the city better have very deep pockets.   They will be gunning for all those brave (or stupid) enough to manage to open their doors.    They will make it as hard as possible to open and stay open.   They will shut down any that make any little "mistake". 

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
No,  those twenty dealers are all outside city limits.   In the suburbs or Indiana. 

I stand corrected. I misread while skimming the article. ::bashing::

Thomas Jefferson

Offline richb

• Established Member

I stand corrected. I misread while skimming the article. ::bashing::

Its not very clear.   I only caught it because I know the situation round here.

Offline richb

• Established Member
Re: Tutu-sporting Metrosexual Gun-Hater Wants To Tape All Gun Purchases
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 02:29:11 PM »
The NRA has chimed in on this issue.   They point out further restrictions the Rahmbo regime wants to put on gun shops (should any try) to open within city limits.    The NRA maintains (probably correctly) that the rules are intended to regulate any from even opening by making it impossible to run a shop.   AKA,  a de facto ban. 

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/articles/2014/5/chicago-unable-to-ban-dealers-emanuel-seeks-to-regulate-them-out-of-existence.aspx?s&st&ps

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2014, 01:32:55 PM »
Perhaps we should tape all voters? I mean if it is such a crackerjack idea...

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2014, 03:09:39 PM »
Perhaps we should tape all voters? I mean if it is such a crackerjack idea...

You know,  something like that SHOULD be pointed out to guys like Rahm (it won't).   Though it would probably go in one ear and out the other. 

Now if it was one of us right wingers saying we should tape voters,  it would be the WORST IDEA they ever heard......

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2014, 04:33:43 PM »
Register dhimmicrats, not guns.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 10:01:34 AM »
Only if it leads to banning and elimination!

::whoohoo::