Author Topic: Clueless liberal Quote of the Day:  (Read 1068 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Clueless liberal Quote of the Day:
« on: June 03, 2014, 07:11:24 AM »
Borrowed from facebook...

Clueless liberal quote of the day:
"I'm at the breaking point," said Gretchin Gardner, an Austin artist who bought a 1930s bungalow in the Bouldin neighborhood just south of downtown in 1991 and has watched her property tax bill soar to $8500 this year. "It's not because I don't like paying taxes," said Gardner, who attended both meetings [of "irate homeowners"]. "I have voted for every park, every library, all the school improvements, for light rail, for anything that will make this city better. But now I can't afford to live here anymore."
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Clueless liberal Quote of the Day:
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 07:27:21 AM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/06/02/liberal-austin-homeowners-surprised-to-find-they-have-to-pay-all-the-taxes-they-voted-for/

Which came from

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/business/surge-in-property-tax-bills-spurs-push-to-reform-t/ngBXt/?icmp=statesman_internallink_textlink_apr2013_statesmanstubtomystatesman_launch#c710210c.3313332.735385

The fail starts in sentence one...

On a recent evening, more than 300 homeowners who are worried about their rising property tax bills filled First Unitarian Universalist Church in North Austin for a town hall meeting.

The funny thing is, if you take it out of these tards' checks bi-weekly, they wouldn't even notice.  Texas has no income tax.  They get it through sales and property taxes.  This woman's tax bill is no higher than my households.  It's just that me and the wifey pay most through income taxes, not property.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 07:30:50 AM »
You are correct MNHawk, most people are indifferent to payroll taxes, but other such taxes that have to be paid seem to aggravate them...and that quote nails their complete lack of critical-thinking ability, it is no wonder they, and too many American's, are just too stupid to live...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 02:43:31 PM »
"I have voted for every park, every library, all the school improvements, for light rail, for anything that will make this city better. But now I can't afford to live here anymore."

Oh my God.  Well DUH!

So, she'll move somewhere else and rinse and repeat.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 07:43:50 PM »
"I have voted for every park, every library, all the school improvements, for light rail, for anything that will make this city better. But now I can't afford to live here anymore."

Oh my God.  Well DUH!

So, she'll move somewhere else and rinse and repeat.

Just like they're doing in Colorado. And the sad part is she'll be clueless as to WHY this is happening. ::pullhair::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 07:22:10 AM »
We just have to remember to do our civic duty and remind them "why"...later on...as they lay dying in a ditch or a sidewalk...

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 06:10:42 PM »
Thanks for the laugh, I needed one!
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 06:40:36 PM »
l do what l can...