Author Topic: Toddler in critical condition after cops blow up his crib with a flash grenade  (Read 1144 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Toddler Critically Injured During Police Raid

(WAOK) Atlanta – A 19-month-old toddler was critically injured after a police flash bang was tossed into his bed during a police raid at a Habersham County home on Wednesday.

“It’s my baby. He’s my only baby. He didn’t deserve any of this,” said Alecia Phonesavanh, the mother of the child.

“It landed in his playpen and exploded right in his face,” said Phonesavanh.

The child is now being treated at Grady hospital and has a 50 percent chance of survival.

“He’s in the burn unit. We got to see him and his whole face is ripped open. He has a big cut on his chest,” said Phonesavanh. “He’s only 19 months old, he didn’t do anything.”

The sheriff’s department said they had no idea there were children in the house.

More@Link...
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
No idea there were children in the house? Well ok then, since they put it that way. All is forgiven! After all, nothing is more important than officer safety. Cue "followed procedure; they did as they were trained" excuses. As Mark Steyn has recently put it, "by the book" is no excuse because "the book" is the entire problem. "The book" needs to be tossed out.

Didn't know there were children in the house? Well maybe that should be an assumption before you throw explosives inside peoples homes, just maybe?  I'm sick and damn tired of these roid heads acting like every city in America is their own personal Fallujah.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Every event like this only makes it more likely people will turn on the police when the time comes.  Police States rely on fear -  not trust, and these type of things are ensuring that trust is broken.

The question is are they accidents or simply part of the plan.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
“There was no clothes, no toys, nothing to indicate that there was children present in the home. If there had been then we’d have done something different,” said Cornelia police chief Rick Darby.

Well, then. It's all OK!!!

The child’s parents have contacted the GBI but were told no further investigation was needed.

::gaah::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
The one somewhat bright thing is the kid's face wasn't ripped open.  I'm thinking the worst, that if the kid survives he'll be a freak for life.  At least that's not so.

Warning, if you click.  It's still not a pretty injury

But it's obvious that the kid's face wasn't blown apart.  Burnt around the mouth and nose, yes, but he'll recover, thank God.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Every event like this only makes it more likely people will turn on the police when the time comes.  Police States rely on fear -  not trust, and these type of things are ensuring that trust is broken.

Doesn't matter to me, they get overrun and chased down the street and slaughtered when it all implodes they'll find scant sympathy from anyone.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders

Forty years ago I got beat up by one of the boys in blue. My crime was having more mouth than sense. I've gained (a little) more control over my mouth in the intervening years (opinions vary) but not my "regard" for the po-po. I have no use for them other than to scrape the bodies off the roadway. Reading stuff like this does little in the way of confidence builder.

As far as I am concerned if I can't resolve it it can't be resolved. No cop is apt to do anything except make things worse.

Yes, I am well beyond the point of ever intervening should I see one in trouble.