Author Topic: Ann B. Davis....of the Brady Bunch  (Read 1102 times)

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
Ann B. Davis....of the Brady Bunch
« on: June 02, 2014, 04:01:10 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/06/01/ann-b-davis-known-for-role-on-brady-bunch-dies-at-88-medical-examiner-says/

Emmy-winning actress Ann B. Davis, who became the country´s favorite and most famous housekeeper as the devoted Alice Nelson of "The Brady Bunch," died Sunday at a San Antonio hospital. She was 88. Bexar County, Texas, medical examiner´s investigator Sara Horne said Davis died Sunday morning at University Hospital. Horne said no cause of death was available and that an autopsy was planned Monday. Bill Frey, a retired bishop and a longtime friend of Davis, said she suffered a fall Saturday at her San Antonio home and never recovered. Frey said Davis had lived with him and his wife, Barbara,
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Ann B. Davis....of the Brady Bunch
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 08:24:50 AM »
Never knew she lived in San Antonio.

RIP, Ann.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 08:40:32 AM »
A long life while leaving a trail of fond memories for millions.  You just can't ask for more in life.   ::thumbsup::

RIP

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 09:57:41 AM »
R.I.P.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 10:20:19 AM »
In many ways "The Brady Bunch" was, in retrospect, almost a parody of the actual 1970s. Davis' "Alice" brought an element of timeless comedy to a very dated show. A lot of the comedy goodness in "The Brady Bunch" was the overblown sense of 70's culture bouncing off the traditional comedic sense of Ann B Davis.

Rest in Peace, Alice.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson