Author Topic: David Brockie, aka, Oderus Urungus  (Read 969 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
David Brockie, aka, Oderus Urungus
« on: June 04, 2014, 10:22:57 AM »
One of those names who's music you probably don't know, but probably have heard of, because they're so over the top.

GWAR "Let Us Slay" (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

Ya, okie dokie, anyhoo...

The lead singer and last original member of Gwar died in March.  I only heard about it today as today it was determined to be the ever available heroine overdose that did him in.

Rest in...gore.

Gwar frontman David Brockie died of heroin overdose: coroner

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: David Brockie, aka, Oderus Urungus
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 11:33:09 AM »
Must have been some wicked billions-years-old space junk from planet Hypnotrance...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 01:32:42 PM »
It's nice to know that over-the-top costumes and shock value for its own sake have their limits as far as creating success. Gwar proved it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 01:35:52 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 01:48:54 PM »
Funny you mention that, as the primary reason Kiss never got much respect, for a long time, was because of that.  A radio station I used to listen to (who recently came back on the internet after 20 years!) never played Kiss, even though their music would normally fit the format, because they thought of them as clowns, and not serious.

Only after a lot of time passed, could the haters admit Kiss wrote some pretty memorable stuff.  A lot of it, in fact.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 02:06:35 PM »
Funny you mention that, as the primary reason Kiss never got much respect, for a long time, was because of that.  A radio station I used to listen to (who recently came back on the internet after 20 years!) never played Kiss, even though their music would normally fit the format, because they thought of them as clowns, and not serious.

Only after a lot of time passed, could the haters admit Kiss wrote some pretty memorable stuff.  A lot of it, in fact.

I kinda don't think that'll happen for Gwar.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 04:24:40 PM »
I think there's only one or 2 songs from Kiss that I care for. Gwar....lets just say I feel old.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson