Author Topic: Brain-chipping soldiers?  (Read 953 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Brain-chipping soldiers?
« on: May 29, 2014, 07:44:03 AM »
http://www.defenseone.com/technology/2014/05/D1-Tucker-military-building-brain-chips-treat-ptsd/85360/

Great.  Under the guise of helping soldiers all we do is give statists an avenue to exploit later on to create automotons to crush all civilian dissent in the nation and ultimately the world...

Swell.

Well, Order 66 has been around since 2010 anyway, so...what's the worst that could happen, eh?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 06:38:47 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Brain-chippiong soldiers?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 05:32:44 PM »
Funny, because I was watching the Star Wars cartoon about the Clone Wars the other day, and it was about a clone trooper who started to prematurely execute Order 66 and it was shown that they all had chips in their brains for that purpose. His was damaged and triggered the order early.

Sounds like this stuff is, at best, just a new more high tech form of lobotomy, i.e. destroying or otherwise bypassing neural connections in an effort to alleviate a pathology associated with them.

That's at best.  At worst, it's a potential vehicle for mind control. Even if it's not so literal as controlling a person like a video game character, it could still be a form of control by subtly removing emotional inhibitions, etc.

Star Wars Clone Wars Clip - Almost To The Finish Line
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 05:36:07 PM by Glock32 »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Brain-chippiong soldiers?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 05:38:26 PM »
Funny, because I was watching the Star Wars cartoon about the Clone Wars the other day, and it was about a clone trooper who started to prematurely execute Order 66 and it was shown that they all had chips in their brains for that purpose. His was damaged and triggered the order early.

Sounds like this stuff is, at best, just a new more high tech form of lobotomy, i.e. destroying or otherwise bypassing neural connections in an effort to alleviate a pathology associated with them.

I was more thinking the DR Who reboot's "Rise of the Cybermen" - where everyone had a "bluetooth" headset that was wired directly to their brains..and then, one day,  it compelled them to report to get their new trans-humanist bodies - and of course disobedience or emotion was punished with huge dozes of pain from the new bodies.  Ah Utopia at last..

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Brain-chipping soldiers?
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 06:40:22 AM »
Either scenario makes my blood run cold and my trigger finger turn itchy.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.