Author Topic: Obama’s gas-price task force  (Read 586 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Obama’s gas-price task force
« on: April 22, 2011, 01:39:53 PM »
Have no fear about those rising gas prices!  Barack Obama has decided to launch yet another task force ....

This is now:

President Barack Obama said Thursday that the Justice Department will try to “root out” cases of fraud or manipulation in oil markets, even as Attorney General Eric Holder suggested a variety of legal reasons may be behind gasoline’s surge to $4 a gallon.

“We are going to make sure that no one is taking advantage of the American people for their own short-term gain,” Obama said at a town-hall style meeting at a renewable energy plant in Reno. …

Obama, decrying such levels as yet another hardship “at a time when things were already pretty tough,” said Holder was forming the Financial Fraud Enforcement Working Group.

The task force will focus some of its investigation on “the role of traders and speculators” in the oil-price surge Obama said. The group will include several Cabinet department officials, federal regulators and the National Association of Attorneys General.

This was then:

“… [P]oliticians are often eager to feed the impression that solving the problem is just a matter of eliminating waste and abuse – you’ll hear that phrase a lot. “We just need to eliminate waste and abuse!””

When was then?  A whole nine days ago.

The oil companies have come through clear in past attempts to "discover" collusion and other legal malfeasance, but that's not going to stop the present misdirect.

Nevermind it is he and his administration that are responsible, almost single-handedly, for rising gas prices here, it was his stated intention during his campaign to see that it came to pass.

He can't help but love that his plan came together, but to attempt the sleight of hand of "waste, fraud and abuse" is not just an insult to the intelligence, and our sense of helplessness, it's an intentional insult.  And he's laughing at us. 

Over the past few days, since this national disgrace has hit the campaign trail, clips of his off-prompter remarks are being played and in every one I've heard, he's mocking us with his laughingly-delivered words.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline bullonay

• Newb
Re: Obama’s gas-price task force
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 01:46:46 PM »
I guess since there is no shortage the reason for the spike in all prices, including gas, is a result of QE1 &QE2...this "commission" is nothing more than another smokescreen to conceal the truth, the progressives have been fleecing the American economy for years...

::moneyshaker::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Obama’s gas-price task force
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 01:54:50 PM »
I just paid 3.80 at Sam's for regular. His task force is to find out what he has to do to get to 5.00 a gal.I remember what they did to Bush for gas prices and this SOB gets none of it from the LSM.

ETA: welcome bullonay!! ::kissface::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie