Author Topic: Harley riders  (Read 987 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Harley riders
« on: June 11, 2014, 07:30:34 PM »
So after an 18 yr hiatus, I bought another Harley. I gleem the interweb looking for a forum I could scour for info, since things have changed a lot since then.

I finally found one I thought would be suitable. Lots of members (potential brains to pick), so it seemed it was THE place. Plus they had a political/ religious forum. Right up my alley!

Evidently, more than the bikes have changed since I was gone. The site seems to have waaay too many libs (unheard of in my day), plus there's more than it's share of "middle of the road" sanctimonious assholes. Guys like that wouldn't have lasted a day with the hoodlums I ran with.

The more I thought about it, the more it made sense. Between the time I bought my last bike in 1988 and sold it in 1994, the RUBies and metrosexuals thought Harleys were cool. This, in turn, drove prices around the stratosphere. I sold my bike for almost DOUBLE what I paid for it. Idiots. Now they have to go around throwing crap on good old fashion iron forums.

I have to admit. I do enjoy raining on their parade every chance I get. ::evilbat::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Harley riders
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 11:09:10 PM »
I don't like everything Carlin had to say about things, but when he was right he put it like no one else could. Here he weighs in on the trend of yuppies getting into Harleys. NSFW language warning:

George Carlin - Pussification
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 07:10:18 AM »
Progressives ruin everything...it's all they know...

Locusts...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 09:09:01 PM »
I appreciate the sentiment George but offered up from the Grand Deacon of Pussies it was more ironic than funny.

Edit: altard-proofed
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 09:12:34 PM by Alphabet Soup »