Author Topic: Casey Kasem  (Read 883 times)

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
Casey Kasem
« on: June 15, 2014, 07:15:13 PM »
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBIT_CASEY_KASEM?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-06-15-11-18-06

Buy AP Photo Reprints

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- In pop culture, Casey Kasem was as sweet and dependable as a glass of warm milk and a plate of chocolate chip cookies, which only made the ugliness of his last few years of life seem more bizarre and tragic.

The radio host of "American Top 40" and voice of animated television characters like Scooby-Doo's sidekick Shaggy died Sunday morning at a hospital in Gig Harbor, Washington. He was 82. He suffered from a form of dementia, and his three adult children from his first wife fought a bitter legal battle with Kasem's second wife, Jean, over control of his health care in his final months.

That made Kasem a fixture on news outlets that feed on the sleazier side of celebrity life at a time when it wasn't clear he was aware of it or even able to understand.

“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Casey Kasem
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 06:31:06 AM »
Listened to him in the early 80's, until I grew away from hit radio.

RIP

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Casey Kasem
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 07:15:17 AM »
R.I.P.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.