Author Topic: Auto Industry Thread: Stories of the Destruction of the Car Business  (Read 2919 times)

Offline richb

• Established Member
Re: Auto Industry Thread: Stories of the Destruction of the Car Business
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2014, 02:27:51 PM »
Study: 'Cash for Clunkers' an even bigger lemon than thought.

Researchers at Texas A&M found that 'Cash for Clunkers'  was even worse then many at this board already thought about this turd of a government handout.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/11/texas-am-study-cash-for-clunkers-even-bigger-lemon-than-thought/

The only thing I have noticed is that used cars prices went up by quite a bit,  and never came down.  The removal of perfectly good used cars from the market,  are of course screwing the poorest motorist the most. 

Of course we still have tax credits for electric cars so the idiotcy continues. 

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2014, 08:20:39 PM »
Study: 'Cash for Clunkers' an even bigger lemon than thought.

Researchers at Texas A&M found that 'Cash for Clunkers'  was even worse then many at this board already thought about this turd of a government handout.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/11/texas-am-study-cash-for-clunkers-even-bigger-lemon-than-thought/

The only thing I have noticed is that used cars prices went up by quite a bit,  and never came down.  The removal of perfectly good used cars from the market,  are of course screwing the poorest motorist the most. 

Of course we still have tax credits for electric cars so the idiotcy continues.

And the electric cars IE the Volt is now coming off lease and it's bringing an average of just under 15K at auction or around one third of its original price,which I said would happen in 2012.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2014, 07:09:02 AM »
Somebody needs to offer cash for prog scalps, that'd solve a sh*tload of problems!  ::evil::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.