Author Topic: John Whitehead, Founder & President of Rutherford Institute - DHS=Standing Army!  (Read 787 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/friendswood/opinion/whitehead-has-the-dept-of-homeland-security-become-america-s/article_81acf508-4660-5e0a-87fc-fee9c447f61f.html

Kind of a "well, uhh, duh, dude?" for us here...but maybe it will open up some peoples eyes and minds...

I like the opening Madison quote - “A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive will not long be safe companions to liberty.”—James Madison

And the conclusion is good -

"It’s not difficult to see why the DHS has been described as a “wasteful, growing, fear-mongering beast.” If it is a beast, however, it is a beast that is accelerating our nation’s transformation into a police state through its establishment of a standing army, a.k.a. national police force."

"This, too, is nothing new. Historically, as I show in my book A Government of Wolves: The Emerging American Police State, the establishment of a national police force has served as a fundamental and final building block for every totalitarian regime that has ever wreaked havoc on humanity, from Hitler’s all-too-real Nazi Germany to George Orwell’s fictional Oceania. Whether fictional or historical, however, the calling cards of these national police agencies remain the same: brutality, inhumanity, corruption, intolerance, rigidity, and bureaucracy—in other words, evil."
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Well, he's right of course. I've just become....not numb, but I can't think of a word for it....to people pointing this out. Another person points it out and articulates it, and another bunch of nothing gets done about it.  I hope nobody is stupid enough to ever again ask "how did people let that happen?" when we look back at Germany or Russia or Cambodia or wherever. It's actually even less excusable for us, because we have all these historically recent examples to learn from but chose not to.

It's just frustrating. Nothing is going to be done about it until it has proven painful enough, and by that point who knows if it will be too late or not.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Yeah...I've been wondering for years where that combustion point is...

That alone says something, and nothing too hopefull at that...

The cry of the Pubbies comes to mind -

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Like Glock said, just can't provide the words anymore. All I can do is roll my eyes and pray fro the end of times to get here already.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.