Author Topic: Fedcoats cancel Washington Redskins trademark registrations  (Read 8004 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://tracking.si.com/2014/06/18/washington-redskins-trademark-cancelled/

::ohno::

Oh crap, what to do, what to do?!
Other than to tell Fedcoats and Libiots and anyone else against free speech and free enterprise to go screw themselves...I can't think of anything else to do...

::effu::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
Re: Fedcoats cancel Washington Redskins trademark registrations
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 11:55:54 AM »
The beginning of the end of private property rights if upheld. 
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 01:32:21 PM »
Why would the trademark office have any say over content anyway?   

In a free nation,  it wouldn't.  It would just rubber stamp it like good little drones.  Well,  in a free nation there probably wouldn't BE a trademark office.........

http://tracking.si.com/2014/06/18/redskins-respond-patent-ruling-no-effect-appeal/

Redskins response,  appeal.   Like the last time about ten years ago,  when they tried to take the trademarks.  Redskins won that time.   If it was like ten years ago,  I wouldn't worry about getting this overturned like it was then.   Now, not so sure.    It doesn't matter to the liberals that it is a trademark that is over 50 years old,  and they destroy even more long time established rule of law by doing this. 

Even if they lose it,  all they probably would have to do is slap an NFL logo on everything to "protect" it.

Oh,  a bonus for not changing the name.   Harry Reid said he won't go to a game until they change their name.   Now,  if the Redskins didn't have a reason to keep the name, they do now.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/06/18/trademark-board-rules-against-washington-redskins-name/?intcmp=trending

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 05:59:51 AM »

Yep.  When our institutions that should be no more then neutral upholders of law take it upon themselves to start bending the law, there will never be an end.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 08:13:20 AM »

Yep.  When our institutions that should be no more then neutral upholders of law take it upon themselves to start bending the law, there will never be an end.

"Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions." - James Madison

"We are either a United people, or we are not. If the former, let us, in all maters of general concern act as a nation, which have national objects to promote, and a national character to support. If we are not, let us no longer act a farce by pretending to it." - George Washington

We've strayed from Republican Liberty to the chaos and passion of Democracy...our fate is sealed...

"[D]emocracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security, or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths." - James Madison, Federalist No. 10

"...And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." - Thomas Jefferson

America, as founded...is terminally ill...it's authorities are illegitimiate for they all pervert and violate the Constitution and the Principles upon which the nation was founded and the God-given Rights we reclaimed when we declared our Independence from Tyranny.

Tyrants now walk among us, unaffraid of the people, haughty in their Lordship over us...

"When the government fears the people, there is liberty.  When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

I reject this government.  This is not my nation, my nation cannot be defined on a map....not any more...

"Where liberty dwells, there is my country." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 06:52:32 PM »
12 trademarks declared less offensive then the Redskins.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/18/12-trademarks-declared-less-offensive-than-redskins/

Ironically one of them also contains the word "redskin".     

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 08:40:06 PM »
The United Negro College Fund has got to go.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 06:42:39 AM »
The whole nation is going to Hell in a handbasket...pour more gas on the fire, wtf not?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 07:42:55 AM »
Oblahmah going apenuts over Redskins again...tries to muck up new stadium efforts...

http://www.weaselzippers.us/227956-state-department-asserts-privilege-against-benghazi-committee/

...this is an easier target for the beta anyway...way easier than DAESH...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 11:49:44 AM »
Judge upholds gaytarded decision...

http://www.weaselzippers.us/228542-breaking-judge-orders-cancelation-of-washington-redskins-trademark/

Yup, 'ol Judge Gerald Bruce Lee is a Clinton nominee...typical black progressive...'nuff said.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 02:13:41 PM »
Suggested replacements:

#DCNiggers #WashingtonSodomites #DCMuslimAHoles
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 02:45:02 PM »
Flaming Fedcoat Fascists

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2015, 05:07:19 PM »
I still don't see why the government has any compelling reason to deny over the "content" of a trademark.   How does the government decide over what is ok and what is not?   What we have here is what some judges don't like,  and they aren't the government,  only agents of the government,  who should have no opinion at all.    The government can have no opinion because its not a person.

It shouldn't have ANY say over content.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2015, 05:46:41 PM »
I still don't see why the government has any compelling reason to deny over the "content" of a trademark.   How does the government decide over what is ok and what is not?   What we have here is what some judges don't like,  and they aren't the government,  only agents of the government,  who should have no opinion at all.    The government can have no opinion because its not a person.

It shouldn't have ANY say over content.

Agreed. And, in the course of human events, us common folk shouldn't have to be thinking so much about a particular amendment (I won't be specific, but it can be located somewhere between the First & the Third ones)...

...but we are.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 06:45:02 AM »
Fascism means never having to explain jack sh*t to peasants...

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2015, 06:15:03 PM »
An interesting development in the Redskin trademark nonsense.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/12/22/boost-for-redskins-court-rules-against-trademark-law-used-in-nfl-case.html

Quoted from the foxnews article

"""""""The Washington Redskins received an early Christmas gift Tuesday when a federal appeals court ruled against a trademark law that has been used to challenge the team’s name.

The D.C. Circuit Court ruled that the federal Lanham Act's ban on "disparaging" trademark registrations is viewpoint discrimination in violation of the First Amendment. """

Maybe some sanity on this "issue" finally?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 07:12:32 AM »
Yeah, on the face of it there appears to be an interest in upholding the principle of free speech...the most obvious hallmark being it cannot really be free unless it can be aired by whatever medium available...the Constitution was never meant to stop people from saying things others might see as wrong, stupid or offensive.

We'll have to see how they rule on this Slants case, with the Dread Traitor Roberts and his law-writing pals in charge nothing is really safe...and I cannot wait to hear how the discussion around the term "viewpoint" unfolds.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2017, 03:55:59 PM »
Justice department finally drops stupid redskins legal fight.  For now anyway.   

At least until the democrats have the WH again.   I doubt it will ever be done for good.  But they get a break for a while anyway.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/18124/justice-department-drops-redskins-legal-fight-frank-camp?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=102516-podcast&utm_campaign=beingconservative#

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2017, 06:12:41 PM »
  They need to go over all that trash and burn it.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2017, 07:02:37 AM »
Yeah...in the bad emperor phase of a state the peoples fate is subject to whimsy and it will blow good or bad according to the tyrants character...