Author Topic: Breitbart speaks at the Beast  (Read 716 times)

charlesoakwood

Breitbart speaks at the Beast
« on: April 23, 2011, 12:09:28 AM »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2011-04-18/andrew-breitbarts-righteous-indignation-toward-the-left/2/#

[blockquote]Andrew Breitbart on Palin, Couric, Tina Fey, Glenn Beck and More

by  Shushannah Walshe

Q: Out of the current field and the people we expect to jump in for 2012, who are you most likely to support?

A: The idea of an Allen West/Herman Cain all-black conservative ticket would titillate me to the point of secretions coming out of every orifice. It would so upset the politically correct, culturally Marxist paradigm in academia and they’d have to start attacking… And I think it would cause the American people to see how unserious the left is when it comes to issues of claiming to represent the best interests of minorities. They use minorities in order to divide and conquer in this country, and I would not just want an all-black ticket. I would like an all-minority, all-female; and let’s get rid of all the white eunuchs like John McCain that would craft an entire political career in the latter part of the 20th century and the first part of the 21st century trying to appease the media left.

Q: I guess you wouldn’t be happy with a Mitt Romney or a Tim Pawlenty.

A: I’m not going to state that. I’d like to see how they behave on the campaign trail and how they handle the trial by fire. I believe in redemption in this country.

Q: I saw in other interviews that you don’t think Sarah Palin should run.

A: I didn’t say that… I am the pop-culture guy who says that I believe that Oprah Winfrey has more power or had more power at the height of her fame than Barack Obama ever will have as president of the United States. So, I constantly talked about Sarah Palin in regards to how I thought if she could for eight years do an Oprah show where she upset the victimology narrative of most of those shows and talked about heroism and did pretty much a very similar mid-day show appealing to the same audience, she could be a kingmaker within the pop-culture world and then run for president. But if Sarah Palin were to run for office right now, to say I wouldn’t be against it is an understatement… her courage and her standing up against a villainous torrent of attacks makes me admire her as much as anybody in America right now.

Q: And if she asked you for advice?

A: I would tell her keep walking toward the fire, because even though Katie Couric is snide and Gawker is snarky and Tina Fey is rude, there are millions of Americans who resemble your world view and think that you’re mighty courageous to stand up to the collective whole of the institutional and cultural left… at a certain point, people like me and Sarah Palin stand up and say to hell with this. Why are we treated as second-class citizens? Why are we treated worse than the underwear bomber? Why are we always guilty and then not even given a platform to prove our innocence?... You start saying, ‘Hey look. If you’re not going to start playing more fair, we’re going to do everything in our power to neutralize this imbalance.’ It’s creating alternatives in the marketplace and it’s creating an exposure of how the sausage is made.

Q: Do you get sick of being this angry all the time and is your wife sick of it?

A: Gosh. Well, this conversation comes from a hostile point of view where I have to answer for my belief system. And so my wife, if you asked people about me, would say that I’m mostly jocular. But when confronted and called a liar, or when confronted and called a racist, I don’t know how to put a happy, tap-dancing face on that. And so all these questions, if I asked you questions about your entire life and you were skeptical of everything that’s coming out of my mouth, and that I’m somehow some type of a demon—

Q: Demon? I’m not demonizing you. Are you talking about me?

A: Well, where do you make the assumption that I’m always angry? I am pissed that every cultural environment that I spend time in, from Hollywood to academia to the newsroom, is a hostile environment for the point of view of what is arguably the majority in this country… I’m fighting as an idealist, and I don’t know anything between two modes, jocularity or righteous indignation. I wish I had that full spectrum of human emotions. That’s all I know.

Q: Do you want Glenn Beck’s job, now that it is free?

A: I have ADD. But I have it worse than anyone that I know. And so when I’m on a set, I feel like I’m utterly constrained and feel like I need like an ADD drug like Adderall or something… if television could conform to my creativity and my desire to be out there in the field and having fun then I would be for it. But it seems kind of expansive for the 5 o’clock hour on Fox News.

Q: On the topic, what are your thoughts on Glenn Beck?

A: In recent months he’s started to use a phrase called, “The truth has no agenda” and he’s used it to try and position himself against his conservative competitors to try and appease Media Matters and Voice of Change and his detractors, but if he’s going to become the arbiter of how journalism is going to be done then he’s opening himself to criticism… he was able to have a neverending stream of content over the last few years and there are a lot of bloggers and videographers who have been outraged by his methodology. I think he owes them an apology.

Q: What's your relationship like with Beck?

A: I asked him for the opportunity to go on his radio show or talk show to address the context of the [Shirley Sherrod] story and he didn’t [say yes] and that was after his using so much of the content from my site for so long and my defending him when he was attacked under false pretenses. I couldn’t believe he wasn’t just throwing me under the bus, but he did so within a month or so of going into business against me with the Blaze—an extraordinary break in what I thought was a good and honest working relationship… I did not understand how he could throw me under the bus and not give me a platform when he has three hours a day when I was the No. 1 topic. I begged for me to be able to go on his show to explain myself and he didn’t allow it and I thought that was very telling.[/blockquote]

I've not been here before but they let him answer freely and put in an endorsement for a Cain/West ticket.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: Breitbart speaks at the Beast
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 08:15:25 AM »
I suppose he was ready to be sand-bagged .