Author Topic: Good Sheriff's need to be recognized and congratulated and deserve our support!  (Read 719 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Here's one!

http://weaselzippers.us/191116-sheriff-refuses-to-disclose-names-of-firearms-permit-holders/

::clapping::

People should be running down these auditors, and hounding their asses to cease and desist their unlawful demands or else!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
We have a great sheriff in the county I live. Church-going, Tea party-supporting. Of course, dems don't like him. What's not to like?  Oh, yeah, that.............................................^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
The good ones definitely need accolades.

Ours, unfortunately, is questionable.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
As is ours.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Our Sheriff's department has been good for as long as I've lived in my county. The former Sheriff told me that he was "shall issue" before MN ever had a carry law. When the Dems found a judge to temporarily overturn our law the year after it was passed, he kept issuing permits as if nothing had changed.

His long time deputy is now the Sheriff, and it seems like things are status quo - EXCEPT - my brow was raised last year when they got one of those damned MRAP vehicles. Nothing whatsoever happens in this county to justify a vehicle like this.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
His long time deputy is now the Sheriff, and it seems like things are status quo - EXCEPT - my brow was raised last year when they got one of those damned MRAP vehicles. Nothing whatsoever happens in this county to justify a vehicle like this.

Quite a few have actually admitted it's keeping up with the Jones.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars

Quite a few have actually admitted it's keeping up with the Jones.

I think it is more like positioning assets for when the tyrant takes over.  I'm sure DHS has the master keys to those vehicles.
Eschew Obfuscation