Author Topic: Mitch Rapp lives  (Read 659 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Mitch Rapp lives
« on: June 23, 2014, 11:22:21 AM »
I'm usually not a fan of other authors taking over a work, like what is to happen to the Mitch Rapp series

BUT

One could do worse than Kyle Mills

I have one of his books from way back when, after Rush went nuts over it.  Always meant to read more of his stuff. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Mitch Rapp lives
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 11:44:27 AM »
I guess I am a bit confused...neither comments by the eiditor or the widow indicate an explicit annointing by Flynn himself for the handoff before he passed...so...claims of "this was what he would want" leave me asking "and we know this how?".

I am not sure if I would want somebody carrying on a principle character in my work after I am gone unless I OK'd it before I went...blood relatives included!

I could see an homage where a character from another might be referenced or given a brief cameo role...

I dunno.  I gotta see the response on this before I render final judgement, the comment by Mills of trepidation about the response seems warranted, but right now I am leaning toward "not liking" this.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 01:38:02 PM »
I bet she means that Flynn and Mills have similar world views...as well that Rush has doted on both authors.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 06:57:12 AM »
That may well be, and I don't doubt her sincerity, the ultimate judge if this was a good idea will be Flynn's fans...if that goes poorly then the family just took a kick they didn't have to...I hope it doesn't go that way for their sake...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.