Author Topic: Happy 4th guys  (Read 755 times)

Offline robins111

Happy 4th guys
« on: July 04, 2014, 06:08:00 AM »
Happy 4th  buddies..

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Happy 4th guys
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 07:56:44 AM »
May everyone have a happy 4th of July.

And never forget the reason for celebrating.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 09:02:02 AM »
Thank you for the well wishes, Canadian friend.

I must say, I never thought I'd come to a place when the celebration of July 4th would seem even remotely hollow, but here we are. How do you celebrate independence and the nation who defended it so bravely for 200+ years, when you're watching your fellow citizens embrace dependence, and throw that nation into the fire?

I'll be spending the day with my wife and child, enjoying the water, fishing, picnicking, swimming, and watching fireworks. Going through the July 4th motions, making the best of it.

Everyone be safe, and thank you all for your friendship.
 ::grouphug::  ::USA::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 09:04:37 AM »
Happy Fourth to all. I'll be at work till 5.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 09:27:52 AM »
Hope y'all have a great 4th like we are having visiting friends.
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 11:15:50 AM »
Happy Fourth to all. I'll be at work till 5.

I'll be at work until tomorrow evening. Enjoy it afterwards, my friend. Hoist a couple in honor of the founding fathers who gave so much to make this country what it was.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 12:23:58 PM »
Thank you. Though there's no way it can reasonably be called "Independence Day" anymore (the US government is far more involved in our lives than the King ever was) it is fitting to reflect on what the Founders did on that oppressively hot day in Philadelphia. We are going to eventually have to do something on a similar scale.

As an aside, anyone notice Google's graphic for today? It recognizes the 4th, but not in any obvious way. Absolutely no flag, symbol, or anything recognizable as American. The only reason it chaps my ass is because in comparison they're so conspicuous in how they honor the most esoteric PC nonsense.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 03:41:29 PM »
Today our family paid tribute to our ancestors that served in the War of Independence. The eldest member to serve was a captain and at some point he was specifically released from service (by Geo Washington!) to return home to fight the Indians on the "frontier". The life of his family and neighbors was not easy. But it gives me pause to imagine that despite its hardships it was better than what they left in the old country.

God Bless America!
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 04:49:53 PM »
My neighbors and I are flying our flags at half mast.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 07:21:11 PM »
The day means nothing to me today with the usurper president. I will consider the sacrifices the Founders and those soldiers that embraced the calling committed to bring forth a great nation conceived in liberty and dedicated to the concept that all me were created equal by Nature's God.

I took a day off because nobody was open and I'm sick of working my ass off. Instead I installed the "new" gas range today and test it out. No complaints thus far.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 09:20:34 PM »
I spent the day cleaning and reorganizing my reloading bench. Setup my dies for .45 Auto and began working up a load for some new hollow point bullets I ordered. That's how I choose to honor the day.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2014, 09:24:05 PM »
  I got home from work and after dinner with the wife we just got done watching Sargent York. Just a nice quiet day and a great old movie.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie