Author Topic: Rename the capital from Washington to Obamadelphia  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Rename the capital from Washington to Obamadelphia
« on: July 05, 2014, 10:45:08 PM »
Bill Whittle makes the case for renaming the capital from Washington to Obamadelphia:

Obamadelphia, DC: the New US Capital

I strongly agree with him on one point especially: that we have come to use "Washington" as a pejorative term, as a convenient shorthand for all that is wrong with this perversion of federalism, is something profoundly unfair to Washington the man. The fetid swamp on the Potomac is unworthy of the appellation.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: Rename the capital from Washington to Obamadelphia
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 01:28:41 AM »
I think that "Obamaville" would work out quite well, too.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 05:20:19 PM »
  HEH!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 08:03:11 PM »
I think that "Obamaville" would work out quite well, too.

That one's already taken.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 09:10:56 PM »
l agree with Glock, Washington the man and Washington the capitol are polar opposites in principle and practice.

And IDP is right, Obamaville is taken, something like Das Kapital would be better.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 10:53:40 PM »
Well that's just it...you can have more than one Obamaville. During the great depression they had quite a few Hooverville's so I just don't see a problem with it.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 05:30:13 AM »
Well that's just it...you can have more than one Obamaville. During the great depression they had quite a few Hooverville's so I just don't see a problem with it.

'Villes', ' Boroughs' & 'Hamlets'...all being sub-set/microcosms of [an] Obamanation.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 07:14:04 AM »
The Obamanation has been going on for some time...it just took the proper jackass to put a face to the name...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 07:45:48 AM »
Y'all see this?!

Norfolk, Nebraska 4th of July Parade!

As you might guess...Libiots enraged, common folk find it funny because it really hits the mark!

From where she watched the parade, Guthrie said she could hear the crowd laughing and clapping as the float passed by.

http://www.omaha.com/news/nebraska/obama-presidential-library-float-at-norfolk-parade-draws-criticism/article_22f03464-04ab-11e4-bf54-0017a43b2370.html

The state Democratic Party called the float one of the "worst shows of racism and disrespect for the presidency that Nebraska has ever seen." Yet the float nonetheless received some of the day's heartiest cheers, according to the Lincoln Journal Star.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/index/264281/speedreads-anti-obama-july-4-parade-float-accused-of-being-racist

So sick of that race card being whipped out...punks never bitched one iota when Bush was hanged in effigy and blown away in a leftist wet-dream snuff-film...they can stick that race card and anti-free-speech attitude up their asses with a twist!!!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 02:24:27 PM »
And I remember seeing similar things about Clinton, especially stuff playing on the hillbilly theme. I ask this rhetorically, but why is any criticism of Obama "racism"? Presidents have been pilloried since Day 1. It's part of the territory. This one though, anything less than fawning adulation is "racism".

The only improvement I would suggest for that parade float is to add a crescent moon. That would be funny two different ways.  Which is exactly why the suggestion of Das Kapital was perfect as a new name for Washington.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 02:28:30 PM by Glock32 »

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 03:39:07 PM »
I believe we should keep the political satire going. Nothing is more amusing than a steaming piece of liberal.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 03:50:11 PM »
I believe we should keep the political satire going. Nothing is more amusing than a steaming piece of liberal.

That's going to be the worst part about the coming reckoning -- hosing all the liberal off your boots.

- Yours Truly

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 05:59:59 PM »
His presidential library should he survive the onslaught of projectiles should take the shape of a vault with no combination lock to get in, just a deposit box. Entrance but no escape.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Miltrainer

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 07:18:54 PM »
Y'all see this?!

Norfolk, Nebraska 4th of July Parade!

As you might guess...Libiots enraged, common folk find it funny because it really hits the mark!

From where she watched the parade, Guthrie said she could hear the crowd laughing and clapping as the float passed by.

http://www.omaha.com/news/nebraska/obama-presidential-library-float-at-norfolk-parade-draws-criticism/article_22f03464-04ab-11e4-bf54-0017a43b2370.html

The state Democratic Party called the float one of the "worst shows of racism and disrespect for the presidency that Nebraska has ever seen." Yet the float nonetheless received some of the day's heartiest cheers, according to the Lincoln Journal Star.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/index/264281/speedreads-anti-obama-july-4-parade-float-accused-of-being-racist

So sick of that race card being whipped out...punks never bitched one iota when Bush was hanged in effigy and blown away in a leftist wet-dream snuff-film...they can stick that race card and anti-free-speech attitude up their asses with a twist!!!

I wonder if these libtards were as upset when this cartoon was published?

You want the truth?....You can't handle the truth!

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 07:52:36 PM »

I wonder if these libtards were as upset when this cartoon was published?

If it weren't for the double standards, the left would have no standards at all.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2014, 07:57:29 PM »
I keep telling y'all there's only one standard:  they win, we lose.  Period.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 07:04:12 AM »
And I remember seeing similar things about Clinton, especially stuff playing on the hillbilly theme. I ask this rhetorically, but why is any criticism of Obama "racism"? Presidents have been pilloried since Day 1. It's part of the territory. This one though, anything less than fawning adulation is "racism".

The only improvement I would suggest for that parade float is to add a crescent moon. That would be funny two different ways.  Which is exactly why the suggestion of Das Kapital was perfect as a new name for Washington.

It sure fits!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 07:05:44 AM »

That's going to be the worst part about the coming reckoning -- hosing all the liberal off your boots.

A clean patriot is a happy patriot.  Now, don't forget to burn the bodies, don't want any diseases now!   ;)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 07:06:30 AM »
I keep telling y'all there's only one standard:  they win, we lose.  Period.

We'll just see who has the last laugh...  ;)