Author Topic: USDA Hires Environmentalist Food Activist to Oversee Dietary Guidelines  (Read 1619 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Angela Tagtow calls for ‘social justice’ in food policy.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has hired an environmental nutrition consultant to oversee its Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee, which has already faced criticism for introducing climate change into nutrition policy.

... A “good food” activist, Tagtow founded Environmental Nutrition Solutions, whose mission is to change the food system by making it more “sustainable, ecologically sound, [and] socially acceptable.” She formerly was the endowed chair for the Minnesota Institute for Sustainable Agriculture.

“A sustainable and resilient food system conserves and renews natural resources, advances social justice and animal welfare, builds community wealth, and fulfills the food and nutrition needs of all eaters now and in the future,” she said.

... Tagtow also authored a “Good Food Checklist For Eaters,” which encourages individuals to pledge to promote “green” food habits, such as organizing a “food film festival,” or “food book club.”

"For eaters"?  How dehumanizing.  I'd be wanting to punch in the face anyone who called me an "eater" to my face.  Bah!

... “Policy dictates everything” she said during the lecture. She also called for “food system reform” to accompany the Affordable Care Act.

“When we make decisions about how food is grown and what food is grow, the quality and quantity and biodiversity of food that’s grown here in this country, it directly affects the status of our food system,” she said. “And the status of our food system directly affects our healthcare system.”

“Do you think healthcare reform is really going to be as effective as it could be if we had food system reform as well?”

Tagtow’s views are in line with many members of the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee (DGAC), which is placing a strong emphasis on environmentalism and climate change as it crafts the new nutrition standards for 2015.

In previous meetings the committee has suggested Americans move to more “plant-based diets,” and lifestyle interventions to fight obesity.

The committee, which will hold its next meeting on July 17, has been criticized as politically motivated and for putting environmentalism over nutrition science. Released next year, the guidelines will be used to craft policy for federal nutrition programs.

Yeah, so now we know from whence comes some of the cockamamie dietary "recommendations".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
We need to come to a point when taking a job like this involves personal and familial physical risk. Leftists need to be afraid to publicly occupy posts such as this one. Who would be next in line if the previous five USDA "Environmental Nutrition Consultants" had all met a gruesome end?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Sorry, I just can't take it. I want them gone from my country by the most permanent means possible.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Sorry, I just can't take it. I want them gone from my country by the most permanent means possible.

Roger that!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop

Wwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Pigs eat everything.
No traces

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
I'm fed up with this "social justice" crap. ::overkill::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
I'm fed up with this "social justice" crap. ::overkill::

... and the "sustainability" crap and the "animal welfare" crap.

“When we make decisions about how food is grown and what food is grow, the quality and quantity and biodiversity of food that’s grown here in this country, it directly affects the status of our food system,” she said.

We?  Who you calling "we", kemosabe?  I.am.so.gawdamn tired of BEING HERDED!

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
EATERS!!??!!

::pullhair::

::asskicking::

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
L.I.B.!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
my head hurts...................

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Try alcohol...its one of the reasons the Soviet Empire died.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.