Author Topic: You know you've reached banana republic status and normalized treason when...  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
You know you've reached banana republic status and normalized treason when criminals protest openly outside the White House without fear!

Amerika...f**k yeah...whatever...

::upsidedownflag::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
So much for "in the shadows".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
The "shadows" were abandoned years ago.

Are we there yet?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Oh honey, loooong past time.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
What Pan said!   ::outrage::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
In many countries,  its illegal for LEGAL aliens (let alone illegal ones) to protest against the government.   It's a deportable offense in many countries, including,  get this,  Mexico.    So for example,  you as a US citizen decide to retire to Mexico, legally,  to live, you have no right to protest against the Mexican government (your property rights are restricted as a non citizen as well, something the US doesn't restrict for foreigners owning property here).   You will be quickly deported and prohibited from reentering if caught doing so. 

You have to shake your head every time the Mexican government wags its finger at our immigration laws,  when its own laws are far more strict and more strictly enforced.   I only wish we had their immigration laws. 

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
You have to shake your head every time the Mexican government wags its finger at our immigration laws, when its own laws are far more strict and more strictly enforced.   I only wish we had their immigration laws.

Color me green with envy.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.

Not hard: Visit Mexico and scarf down a big plate of huevos rancheros with fresh fruit. Then wait a few hours and voila, instant green flesh tone along with complete evacuation of digestive tract. Be prepared to spend some time near a toilet.

Plus, if you want some alone time, tell the curious that you think you might have ebola.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 01:32:01 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel

Not hard: Visit Mexico and scarf down a big plate of huevos rancheros with fresh fruit. Then wait a few hours and voila, instant green flesh tone along with complete evacuation of digestive tract. Be prepared to spend some time near a toilet.

Plus, if you want some alone time, tell the curious that you think you might have ebola.

I may be wrong, but I thing that's a little different shade of green.

Thomas Jefferson