Author Topic: archie is dead!  (Read 5606 times)

Offline whimsicalmamapig

archie is dead!
« on: July 16, 2014, 07:06:37 PM »
Archie, of Archie, Jughead, Veronica and Betty fame is scheduled to be killed today in the latest issue of the comic book. What is most disconcerting is that he is killed when he steps in to take a bullet to save his gay friend.

Now is this not the best indication that our America has gone down the tubes?

I think that the trajectory of the archie comics is a fair representation on the decline of our national culture in general and with the death of archie we are seeing the death of america, and I am interested to see what these comic geniuses who have destroyed him will offer in his place as that will be the window into where these new-age multicultural self-relevantists want to take us.

you have to feel sorry for a very minority community (2.3% of the population) that needs to inculcate their agenda into children via a cultural icon (of sorts) such as Archie. I am waiting to find out that Santa is really a transgendered black woman who had the same plastic surgeon as Michael Jackson.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: archie is dead!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 08:15:21 PM »
1) Archie has a gay friend?
2) How can you have Archie comics without Archie?
3) When did Archie comics become liberal asshats?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 08:31:11 PM »
I know, it was a shock to me too.  but there it was, on some little headline on the side of a post, I followed it and there it was, with graphics and everything, Archie, laying on the street his middle covered in red. I think there was a reference to this Archie being in an alternate universe of Archies (what ever that means) but you get the drift.

If the liberals/progressive cabals can screw with Archie while we pay no mind, what else have they done? I think this us just the result of years of liberal government education so separating reality from the drug hazed universe our youngster's live in that nothing we knew of exists anymore. They even referred in the article to a lesbian relationship between Veronica and Betty and Moose being a transgendered person....
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 09:22:48 PM »
Aaaand ...... they're turning Thor into a woman.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 09:37:02 PM »
Not that I don't find this storyline to be repulsive...I do. But...the "Life with Archie" series is in an alternate universe so Archie 1) doesn't really do anything vaguely heroic and 2) doesn't die...not really. As previously noted, that would kind of kill the whole franchise.

But, that said, look at the cover and ponder...

The alleged storyline is that (alternate universe) Archie has this gay friend who is a "senator" and who is pushing anti-gun legislation because his "husband" has had some kind of a bad experience that involves a gun. Further, some pro-gun person decides to kill Archie's gay senator friend and Archie intervenes and gets killed for his trouble.

Now...given that storyline (absurd as it is), look at the above pic and ask yourself, "Hey...where is the gay senator friend?" Archie gets plugged and Veronica and Betty are left holding his rapidly cooling and bleeding body? Why isn't Archie's heroic gay senator friend there? Did he run away after Archie gets ventilated and leave the girls to be Archie's blood blotter?

And...

If "Life With Archie" is supposed to be an alternative universe where (apparently) anything can happen...

1) Can Jughead be a meth dealer and/or a pedophile?

2) Can Betty be a dominatrix who gets paid to work over Veronica's father?

3) Will it be revealed that Reggie is a transexual who likes to dress up in Veronica's underwear?

4) Will we find out that Mrs. Grundy is really a serial killer who eats her victims?

If anything goes in "Life With Archie" then why stop with the above ludicrous storyline? Why not introduce all of the characters as bizarre champions of leftist lifestyles?

Makes sense to me. As much sense as any of this idiocy.

Do remember, though, the target audience for all of this cartoon perversion: pre-teen children. There is most definitely an agenda here.

If the editors, story writers and artists for this rag were not far left liberals we would, of course, have a very different story. Archie might have been wearing a kevlar vest and a .40SW Glock in a concealed carry holster. After he gets knocked back by the attacker's initial shot he pulls out his pistol and splatters the shooter's brains all over the place. That might be interesting...

But no, we are stuck with the "Archie sacrifices himself for the homo" storyline. Realize that in addition to pushing pro-homo  propaganda on kids the only other purpose here is to get lots and lots of free media. And in that...mission accomplished.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 09:48:46 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 10:01:14 PM »

Is she reasonable?

I'm just kind of surprised. I haven't seen one since the early 70's when my sister got them, but I don't remember them being remotely political. They were actually kind of superficial. And asinine.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 10:04:42 PM »
I remember the last time that I ever looked at an Archie comic book was perhaps the first time it ever got political. That was during the Vietnam war and a war vet came to Riverdale and was all sad and confused over the war and stuff. It was stupid and vaguely preachy and I was repulsed.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 10:05:15 PM »
Please, for the love of God, tell me you don't read Starchie!

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 10:06:12 PM »
I remember the last time that I ever looked at an Archie comic book was perhaps the first time it ever got political. That was during the Vietnam war and a war vet came to Riverdale and was all sad and confused over the war and stuff. It was stupid and vaguely preachy and I was repulsed.

Thank you!

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 10:17:07 PM »
Actually, I don't read any comics. Not even the so-called graphic novels. Just not my thing. Not since I was a child, anyway. But the pro-lib thing with Archie got started during the Vietnam war and is easily proven...

...damned hippies. Ignore the commie threat. Ignore the millions killed by communism. Turn your backs on those who would be enslaved. I hate hippies.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 10:20:49 PM »
Please, for the love of God, tell me you don't read Starchie!

If I remember correctly (and who knows if I do because I'm old and the brain doesn't quite work as well as it used to), "Starchie" was the name given to Archie Bunker in the Mad Magazine parody of "All In The Family."

EDIT:

Well, hmm...maybe it was but I found this so...

Oops, I was still right...

« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 10:30:29 PM by trapeze »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 11:02:40 PM »
Aaaand ...... they're turning Thor into a woman.

See now, what should happen is for some people to claim they're devout practitioners of Nordic pagan religion and threaten to behead the comic creators for insulting one of their gods.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 11:35:45 PM »
Not that I don't find this storyline to be repulsive...I do. But...the "Life with Archie" series is in an alternate universe so Archie 1) doesn't really do anything vaguely heroic and 2) doesn't die...not really. As previously noted, that would kind of kill the whole franchise.

But, that said, look at the cover and ponder...

The alleged storyline is that (alternate universe) Archie has this gay friend who is a "senator" and who is pushing anti-gun legislation because his "husband" has had some kind of a bad experience that involves a gun. Further, some pro-gun person decides to kill Archie's gay senator friend and Archie intervenes and gets killed for his trouble.

Now...given that storyline (absurd as it is), look at the above pic and ask yourself, "Hey...where is the gay senator friend?" Archie gets plugged and Veronica and Betty are left holding his rapidly cooling and bleeding body? Why isn't Archie's heroic gay senator friend there? Did he run away after Archie gets ventilated and leave the girls to be Archie's blood blotter?

And...

If "Life With Archie" is supposed to be an alternative universe where (apparently) anything can happen...

1) Can Jughead be a meth dealer and/or a pedophile?

3) Will it be revealed that Reggie is a transexual who likes to dress up in Veronica's underwear?

4) Will we find out that Mrs. Grundy is really a serial killer who eats her victims?

If anything goes in "Life With Archie" then why stop with the above ludicrous storyline? Why not introduce all of the characters as bizarre champions of leftist lifestyles?

Makes sense to me. As much sense as any of this idiocy.

Do remember, though, the target audience for all of this cartoon perversion: pre-teen children. There is most definitely an agenda here.

If the editors, story writers and artists for this rag were not far left liberals we would, of course, have a very different story. Archie might have been wearing a kevlar vest and a .40SW Glock in a concealed carry holster. After he gets knocked back by the attacker's initial shot he pulls out his pistol and splatters the shooter's brains all over the place. That might be interesting...

But no, we are stuck with the "Archie sacrifices himself for the homo" storyline. Realize that in addition to pushing pro-homo  propaganda on kids the only other purpose here is to get lots and lots of free media. And in that...mission accomplished.

That's him.......just under the "dot" of the I in Archie. He looks gayyyyyyy......
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 06:55:29 AM »
IDC...they can shoot 'em all and fold up shop...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 08:26:49 AM »
Can some dumbass American child really unilaterally lop the richard off of another country's mythical heros?  Seems a little uppity of America, if you ask me.

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2014, 08:31:46 AM »
after reading all the replies, it struck me that we were, for the most part, unaware of how much Archie had changed, except for the Viet Nam reference. (I was in college then and wasn't aware of the hippie thing - so sad).

This led me to wonder how many other cultural icons have been transmogrified to satisfy the agenda of the left. How about Tom and Jerry, the Grimms fairy tales etc. Just what other subtle changes have been made to artwork or script to slip in a little pro-active insinuation.

I think we need a study group to see how our culture has been sullied, sort of how the French make sure their language stays pure.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2014, 01:21:45 PM »
The only comic book I remember reading (still not on a regular basis) was Sgt. Rock. I can't imagine him going lib.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2014, 03:41:31 PM »
If they can turn Thor into a woman, I am sure they can cross-dress Sgt Rock or at least turn him into a pacifist muslim....
Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2014, 02:39:40 AM »
As an aside...National Lampoon magazine did a "Tom & Jerry" parody which was almost certainly the inspiration for "Itchy & Scratchy" of "The Simpsons."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2014, 09:21:04 PM »
 :
Never got into comic books per we, would catch a Natl Lampoon if not discovered by my folks, but I read a lot of Cracked & Mad. Spy vs Spy might have been my favorite.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.