Author Topic: Attributed to Benjamin Netanyahu  (Read 1279 times)

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
Attributed to Benjamin Netanyahu
« on: July 18, 2014, 05:47:30 PM »
Just heard this statement on "The Five" supposedly by Benjamin Netanyahu.  Have not found it for verification, but it sounds like something he would say and to me, the contexts speak nothing but the truth.

" Israel uses it's missiles to protect their children, while Hamas uses their children to protect their missiles".

Again this was supposedly said after Hamas missiles were found in an elementary school in the Gaza.
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
Re: Attributed to Benjamin Netanyahu
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 08:05:39 PM »
Thanks Pan I had not gone back very far,was looking recent speechs.  This old fart getting caught up from the extended vacation.
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 08:30:27 PM »
My pleasure, rusty.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 09:45:46 PM »
Netanyahu: A man in the mold of Reagan. Almost.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 11:53:47 PM »

Yeah, it's amazing what a little existential danger will do toward assisting the electorate to pick the correct leader for the situation it finds itself in. If we were threatened in a similar way it would be next to impossible for our country to pick a total boob such as we now find ourselves manacled to. It is truly a luxury to be able to suffer such a fool.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 01:18:35 AM »

Yeah, it's amazing what a little existential danger will do toward assisting the electorate to pick the correct leader for the situation it finds itself in. If we were threatened in a similar way it would be next to impossible for our country to pick a total boob such as we now find ourselves manacled to. It is truly a luxury to be able to suffer such a fool.

To borrow from Victor Hugo, "adversity makes men; prosperity makes monsters".

To a very large extent the social and cultural (and hence political) depravity in this country is a consequence of our own success. Perhaps the human mind is predisposed to struggle and discontent.  This predisposition would be useful when you're paleolithic man, never sure when or if another meal is coming. But when you're modern man in a society free from material want, that predisposition manifests itself in the form of self-imposed agonies over imaginary crises and injustices. In what other circumstance could "my employer won't pay for my abortion drugs" be treated like an actual crisis?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 01:24:07 AM »

To a very large extent the social and cultural (and hence political) depravity in this country is a consequence of our own success. Perhaps the human mind is predisposed to struggle and discontent.  This predisposition would be useful when you're paleolithic man, never sure when or if another meal is coming. But when you're modern man in a society free from material want, that predisposition manifests itself in the form of self-imposed agonies over imaginary crises and injustices. In what other circumstance could "my employer won't pay for my abortion drugs" be treated like an actual crisis?

Yeah, otherwise known as "first world problems".

My "first world problem" is that I'm free from all want except the need to be free ...... from government.

I'd be happier rooting in the dirt with a pointy stick as long as I could stick with it the person who told me "you can't do that".

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 08:51:42 AM »

Yeah, otherwise known as "first world problems".

My "first world problem" is that I'm free from all want except the need to be free ...... from government.

I'd be happier rooting in the dirt with a pointy stick as long as I could stick with it the person who told me "you can't do that".

::whoohoo::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 10:29:39 PM »
Amen!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.