Author Topic: President's Reforms: Update  (Read 671 times)

charlesoakwood

President's Reforms: Update
« on: May 27, 2011, 08:15:16 PM »

It's About Liberty link to:
 An Update on the President's Reforms

By CASS SUNSTEIN

A 21st-century regulatory system must promote economic growth, innovation and job creation while also protecting public health and welfare. Earlier this year, President Obama outlined his plan to create such a system by adopting a simpler, smarter and more cost-effective approach to regulation. As a key part of that plan, he called for an unprecedented government-wide review of regulations already on the books so that we can improve or remove those that are out-of-date, unnecessary, excessively burdensome or in conflict with other rules.

Over the past four months, government agencies and departments have combed through their rules, listened carefully to the public, and developed plans to identify what works and what doesn't. The results of this review are in. Today, 30 agencies are laying out regulatory reforms that will save private-sector dollars and unlock economic growth by eliminating unjustified regulations, including what the president has called "absurd and unnecessary paperwork requirements that waste time and money."
... .a fascinating read
Eagles - The Best Of My Love

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: President's Reforms: Update
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 09:49:30 AM »
I only have to see that name or hear it mentioned and my blood pressure goes through the roof...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.