Author Topic: Rick Perry for President  (Read 5962 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Rick Perry for President
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 12:06:30 PM »
Oh, I misunderstood.

I don't agree with the list, several names missing I would like added...I rolled with what was served up.

We are a long way off from a choice, at least I hope it's a choice...I can't stand another Ruiling Class coronation!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2011, 01:31:31 PM »
This whole business of starting the process two years before election day makes me want to puke . All it does is give the pundits something to beat their gums about and engage in their usual partisan persiflage . I long for the days of my youth when , as an example , Robert Kennedy didn't declare his candidacy until early in 1968 ( I think it was around February or March but don't quote me .) . Most people would say today that that's way too late but if Kennedy hadn't been killed he stood a pretty fair chance of beating Richard Nixon ... Although I'm glad he didn't .

charlesoakwood

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2011, 02:18:44 PM »
Tangentially:

Fox will present a presidential debate May 5. 
This was confirmed yesterday during a bit on Rick Santorum.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2011, 02:25:37 PM »
....Robert Kennedy didn't declare his candidacy until early in 1968 ( I think it was around February or March but don't quote me .) . Most people would say today that that's way too late but if Kennedy hadn't been killed he stood a pretty fair chance of beating Richard Nixon ... Although I'm glad he didn't .

Leftist headline: Sectionhand says he's glad Robert Kennedy was murdered!
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2011, 02:29:42 PM »
....Robert Kennedy didn't declare his candidacy until early in 1968 ( I think it was around February or March but don't quote me .) . Most people would say today that that's way too late but if Kennedy hadn't been killed he stood a pretty fair chance of beating Richard Nixon ... Although I'm glad he didn't .

Leftist headline: Sectionhand says he's glad Robert Kennedy was murdered!

" Ohio High School Student With Rare Mental Powers Wills Death of RFK "  Read it in The Enquirer !

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2011, 12:01:30 PM »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2011, 01:43:16 PM »
Perry now says he's considering a run...

Pandora now says someone with some balls ought to consider asking him about legislating every young girl must get vaccinated with Gardisil, and about endorsing the plan for that enormous highway from Mexico, bisecting MY COUNTRY, to Canada which was loosely connected with NAFTA.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

charlesoakwood

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2011, 07:49:55 PM »

The Republican Hispanic Conference endorsed Gov. Rick Perry for president Thursday, saying they hope an endorsement will pressure Mr. Perry to enter the race for president.

Although the governor has not officially entered the race for president, we hope our endorsement will encourage him to do so,” said conference chairman Rep. Aaron Peña, R-Edinburg. “Rick Perry has been good for Texas and the members of the conference join many across the state and the country who think he would be great for the nation.”

It's About Liberty link to article

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2011, 08:52:20 PM »
asking him about legislating every young girl must get vaccinated with Gardisil, and about endorsing the plan for that enormous highway from Mexico, bisecting MY COUNTRY, to Canada which was loosely connected with NAFTA.

That's all I need to know--not that he was on my list to begin with.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2011, 11:39:28 AM »
............ Bobby Jindal would have been holding press conferences.

Bobby's never been scared of getting face time for the cameras. Especially when he's spouting sh*t.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2011, 11:51:51 AM »
In the latest installment of a continuing series, Karl Denninger weighs in on Perry's candidacy:

Governor "Sexual Assault" Perry Wants To Be President?

This is the same Rick Perry who watched his Lieutenant Governor kill the bill in Texas just this week that would have made searches that would be sexual assaults if performed by anyone else crimes when performed by the TSA without probable cause.

When threatened by the Federal Government, instead of telling them to pound sand, fully aware that both IAH (Bush International) and DFW (Dallas Ft. Worth) airports are massive hubs and had the government actually shut down traffic in Texas it would have screwed the government - and the airlines - far worse than it would have screwed Texas - he folded.

You want this man as President?  You vote for him in the primaries you're voting to have yourself, your wife or your son or daughter sexually assaulted not only at airports but at school functions such as prom.

Saturday night, a certified TSA official will be at the Santa Fe High School prom to oversee student searches.
After this hit the news they backed down - this time.

If we have President Perry, you can take to the bank that you will be rape-searched repeatedly at ever opportunity.  After all, Governor Perry won't stand up and demand that this conduct meet with criminal prosecution when conducted without probable cause in an airport.

We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2011, 11:55:11 AM »
The governor in Texas has no authority over the LT Governor. IOW, there is absolutely nothing Perry could have done.

I'm not sure I would be a supporter either for Perry, but to be fair, you have to give him a pass on this one issue. In Texas, the LT. Governor has all the power.
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2011, 11:59:30 AM »
The Governor can't even fire and replace the Lt. Governor?  That's a screwy system.  Why would anyone bother to run for Governor?  Shouldn't they run for Lt. Governor instead?
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

charlesoakwood

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2011, 12:09:54 PM »
The Governor can't even fire and replace the Lt. Governor?  That's a screwy system.  Why would anyone bother to run for Governor?  Shouldn't they run for Lt. Governor instead?

Not only a screwy system but inaccurate reporting that makes assumptions and reports them as fact creates doubt to the accuracy of other facts reported by the author.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2011, 12:17:46 PM »
Did Perry pick the Lt. Governor to run on his ticket (as Presidential candidates choose their running mate), or are the two offices separate electoral races?
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2011, 12:22:42 PM »
Did Perry pick the Lt. Governor to run on his ticket (as Presidential candidates choose their running mate), or are the two offices separate electoral races?

The Lieutenant Governor is elected separately from the Governor, rather than on the same ticket; it is therefore possible for the Governor and Lieutenant Governor to be from different political parties ...

Wiki.

In this case, they're both Republicans.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2011, 12:28:02 PM »

The Lieutenant Governor is elected separately from the Governor, rather than on the same ticket; it is therefore possible for the Governor and Lieutenant Governor to be from different political parties ...

Wiki.

Are they elected as together as our President and Vice President or do they run independent of each other?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2011, 12:39:43 PM »

Wiki.

Are they elected as together as our President and Vice President or do they run independent of each other?

I'm not sure what you mean by independent of each other when, as stated above, they run separate races, one for each position, and can be of different parties.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2011, 12:45:57 PM »
So the Governor has no power over the Lt. Governor?  That is wack, as the young'uns say.  Again, why would anyone bother running for Governor when they could run for Lt. Governor?
~ Ann Barnhardt