Author Topic: Jeff Greason - Rocket Scientist: Making Space Pay and Having Fun Doing It  (Read 1327 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
(hat tip both Instapundit and Transterrestrial Musings)

Grearson is the founder of XCOR, which is developing a suborbital spaceplane.  This is a recent talk he gave at a technology conference.  It's well worth your time.  It's nice to hear something optimistic and inspiring now and then.

He also believes that moving humanity out into space may be necessary to ward off a new Dark Age.

TEDxSanJoseCA - Jeff Greason - Rocket Scientist: Making Space Pay and Having Fun Doing It
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
That's super cool. It's noteworthy that he places such hope and passion on capitalism as the foundation for this enterprise, at the very moment when the government has not only failed miserably at space exploration, but is attempting to dismantle the capitalist system that is needed to support private space exploration. I wish them Godspeed.*

ETA: *The rocket scientists, not the government.
 ::confused::
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 08:07:32 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
"He also believes that moving humanity out into space may be necessary to ward off a new Dark Age."

I sure hope he works fast, I don't think there is much time, and I wouldn't mind hitching a ride!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.