Author Topic: Rich Lowry speculates: Perhaps Obama is trolling for impeachment  (Read 4062 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
It's an interesting prospect. Given the unrestrained cynicism of this regime, I don't consider this at all out of the realm of possibilities.

Does Obama WANT to get impeached?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Rich Lowry speculates: Perhaps Obama is trolling for impeachment
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 04:54:49 PM »
Interesting theory.  One of the commenters suggested that playing up the mere threat of a possible impeachment is the only electoral strategy the Dems have this year. Nationalizing every House and Senate race by making it a "is a vote for this (R) a vote to impeach our historic first mulatto president?" referendum.  I could see them playing that angle.  Regardless, the one absolutely certain thing is that the GOP will be caught completely flat footed.

And Rich Lowry is still a gutless little weasel.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 05:04:42 PM »
The SCoaMF KNOWS the eGOP doesn't have the cajones for impeachment, thus allowing him and his merry band of riffraff to continue to use the Constitution to wipe their collective azzes.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 08:30:35 PM »
Could be...

...but the American way is to always give the customer MORE than he asks for. . .
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 07:50:32 AM »
Lowry is a dick!

This is complete bullsh*t!

"Drive the middle away from the GOP"?  We f**king wish!  If they stopped catering to the middle and the left then they wouldn't be going the way of the Whigs now, would they?

f**king moron!  This is pure manipulation of the E-GOP and the sad f**king part is it is probably going to work, it will keep their cowardly little tails between thier legs and the progs get to scare-monger their base into funneling huge amounts of cash into DemonRat coffers (some of which might even come from legal sources) and another so-called fair-election goes by...

SSDD!

f**k it and them!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 10:37:52 AM »
What kills me are the claims that coming out too vocal in opposition of the total lack of border security is something that, somehow, will benefit the Democrats by alienating the precious middle.  I don't see it that way at all.  I don't think the majority of people are happy at all about the border situation.  If anything, it would benefit the GOP to take a hard stance on it.

I think the grand opportunity they had is already gone though. In 2010 they had a ready made groundswell and all they did (after using it to win the House, of course) was strategically bust bubbles and take the wind out of sails.  Enough people are now so sick of them that they've said to hell with the inconsequential electoral process.

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 11:17:40 AM »
What kills me are the claims that coming out too vocal in opposition of the total lack of border security is something that, somehow, will benefit the Democrats by alienating the precious middle.  I don't see it that way at all.  I don't think the majority of people are happy at all about the border situation.  If anything, it would benefit the GOP to take a hard stance on it.

I think the grand opportunity they had is already gone though. In 2010 they had a ready made groundswell and all they did (after using it to win the House, of course) was strategically bust bubbles and take the wind out of sails.  Enough people are now so sick of them that they've said to hell with the inconsequential electoral process.

The eGOP takes a hard stance on nothing save not taking a hard stance on anything.  Moderate your moderation.  TEA Party needs to temper its temperament.

I'll stick with what Goldwater said in 1964 when he still made sense - "... extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice" and " ... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!"

I'm going to stop describing myself as a conservative 'cause I sure as sht do not care to conserve what this country has become.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 12:19:00 PM »
Yeah, I agree.  Conservative has been hijacked by the eGOP and as such is sullied, they and the Dems have and continue to sully the Tea Party name, we can debate if that term means anything or not, but we can all at least agree that not all Tea Party candidates/officeholders agree with our beliefs and thinking.

Some names I would like have been sullied by crackpots and other sundry loons...Libertarian, Foundation Party...

Something new needs to be selected, built and defended to the hilt giving no quarter to any enemy...

And it must have Founding Principles, unyielding and unchanging, which should include but are not limited to:

1.  Our Rights emanate from God, Our Creator only, not from some mortal!  (See: The Declaration of Independence)

2.  These Rights are inalienable and include Life, Liberty, the pursuit of Happiness and the right to Individual Property!  (See Declaration and Continental Congress historical records)

3.  All Power comes from The People, if we did not specifically authorize it, we do not consent, and we reserve the Right of recall, impeachment, trial and physical removal up to and including armed revolt and secession if The People so deem it proper!  (See all Founding historical records)

4.  Any Government established by The People is a Limited government of specific duties no matter what form that Government takes, regardless if the preferred Republican model with checks and balances as established by Our Founders or any other system!  There are no dictators of one or many, where there is disagreement The People are the final arbiter.  (Read the Founders and those that influenced them - Locke, Montesquieu...)

5.  A Written Constitution and Legal Amendments are the highest statements of Law in a land ruled by The People, they mean what they say and there is no redefining or changing of original intent and the plain speaking and understanding of the words!  There will be No activism, no reinterpretation, no eroding of a single pillar of Constitutional Law!  (Read the Founders, the Enlightenment scholars that influenced them, read Colonial history going back to the Mayflower Compact!)

6.  No one, No Government, Nobody, will be allowed to remove the free and open practice of religion!  This nation was Founded Christian and respected the rights of others including Deists, Atheists, Agnostics, Pagans as well as Jewish practitioners...religion will not be driven from the public square or any public discourse, ever!  The only so-called religion that Will Not be tolerated is Islam, if you follow that murderous Death Cult, you will be ostracized or expelled!  The Cult of Mohammad is incompatible with Life, Liberty, Happiness and Property and is therefore banned!

Our Founders were called Patriot's, Whig's, Congress-men, American's, Rebels, Revolutionaries, Traitors, Minutemen, Sons of Liberty, Continentals, Militia, etc etc...

Regardless if a new label is desired to merely differentiate ourselves from others or as a loose or firmly organized outfit, it would make sense not to take a name that already exists or has already been used (up).

It would be nice to have one word...something like American Founders Party appears unique, but search the interwebs and similarly named sites exist, some may be little better than something run by a snot-nosed kid in his momma's basement...but, there we are.

For me, I'll say I am Liberty-centric, asked what that means I'll say I believe in Our Founders and those who influenced them, everything else no matter what it is called is bullsh*t of some form or another if it deviates one iota from what they established!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 12:23:00 PM »
I would add:

7. On the eve of the Harvest Moon, 1 in 3 elected politicians will be ritually sacrificed.  They may escape this fate by resigning their office.  Elections will be held on the following day.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 12:31:05 PM »
Heh, if The People go for it I am game!  Could make being the Master at Arms a fun gig!

"Slippy devil resigned, drat!  Better luck next time!"

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 09:42:32 PM »
I can think of no other reason for obama to be poke, poke, poking his finger in the face of all republicans by not supporting Israel, threatening to give amnesty to all illegals and coming down hard on energy. He is trying to rally a base that is beginning to see him as less than the god-like figure he poses as.

If he could get enough radicals on the right to reach for impeachment, knowing full well that any attempt at this point would be a worse failure than the one tried against clinton, he could play the threatened minority who needs his base to come out to the polls and defend him.

it's all he has left, really. He knows if the republicans take the senate he is just a joke for 2 more years. this is his saul alinsky move.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 10:53:08 PM »
I can think of no other reason for obama to be poke, poke, poking his finger in the face of all republicans by not supporting Israel, threatening to give amnesty to all illegals and coming down hard on energy. He is trying to rally a base that is beginning to see him as less than the god-like figure he poses as.

If he could get enough radicals on the right to reach for impeachment, knowing full well that any attempt at this point would be a worse failure than the one tried against clinton, he could play the threatened minority who needs his base to come out to the polls and defend him.

it's all he has left, really. He knows if the republicans take the senate he is just a joke for 2 more years. this is his saul alinsky move.

And if he gets away without being impeached, he'll be able to do whatever the f**k he wants for those two years.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 07:00:10 AM »

And if he gets away without being impeached, he'll be able to do whatever the f**k he wants for those two years.

::siren::   ::siren::   ::siren::

We have a winner!

This was all a scam to take impeachment OFF the table, and lookie here, that eGOP Ruling Class Clown Boehner took the bait and removed ANY possibility of impeachment, thus giving Obama a blank check to do any f**king thing he wants!!!

This is surrender, this is treason, most everyone in Das Kapital should be strung up by angry people!  We've been totally f**ked over from within and without!  There is no more American Republic, it is dead!

It doesn't matter what is written into any Bill, any law will be reinterpreted to suit the Dear Leader and there isn't a damned thing the Congress or the Courts can do to stop it!

It's over people, all this chatter, all this talk of politics and such is meaningless and pointless, there is acting and not acting, and right now not acting is letting the statist win without suffering a single scratch!

I am embarassed, sickened and enraged, anybody letting this happen or participating in it is committing treason, period!  Damn them all!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2014, 10:55:01 AM »
This is surrender, this is treason, most everyone in Das Kapital should be strung up by angry people!  We've been totally f**ked over from within and without!  There is no more American Republic, it is dead!

Exactly.

And that's just it, there aren't enough angry people. He was elected. Twice. Now obviously there were major irregularities with the electoral process, but all those could really do is push him over the finish line if it was sufficiently close. Unfortunately we have crossed that threshold where half the population will vote for Team D no matter what. There is literally nothing Obama or the Dems could do that would dissuade them from voting D. He could get on national TV every night and put puppies and kittens into a blender, and they would still vote for him.

There won't be any torch wielding mobs because fully half (or more) of the population supports what he is doing. Our side made a lot of mistakes over the past few generations, mostly in areas of culture rather than politics. We now reap the fruits of a thousand different "this isn't the hill to die on" excuses. All those little hills became a mountain, and we now have a population that is literally incapable of even understanding most of our positions.

The only real difference between "our" side and the Left is that the Left are bold. They also never accept defeat. "Settled law" only exists when it's in their favor, otherwise it's the Living, Breathing Document. "Our" side still seems to labor under the misapprehension that surrendering on this or that minor issue will satiate the Left. I certainly don't admire them, but I do respect their tenacity and refusal to acquiesce -- ever. Their long march through the institutions was wildly successful. They own the culture.

Trouble for them is that their ideas are mostly unworkable bullsh*t.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2014, 11:11:37 AM »
It will all end in epic misery, pain and blood...it is just a matter of when not if, and only one side will survive...

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 11:31:23 AM »
It will all end in epic misery, pain and blood...it is just a matter of when not if, and only one side will survive...

And it won't be their side, even if we die off for whatever reason they will eventually kill themselves.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 01:44:58 PM »
Everything about the Left is unnatural.  Look at their electoral coalition.  Sure, this constellation of nutjobs is presently united against their common foe (i.e. traditional Western civilization), but what common thread do they have otherwise?  Islamists and Feminists?  Islamists and Homos?  Islamists and Militant Atheists?  Environmentalists and Labor Unions?  Each of these factions seems to think the others are temporarily useful allies.

- Yours Truly

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 01:48:20 PM »
Everything about the Left is unnatural.  Look at their electoral coalition.  Sure, this constellation of nutjobs is presently united against their common foe (i.e. traditional Western civilization), but what common thread do they have otherwise?  Islamists and Feminists?  Islamists and Homos?  Islamists and Militant Atheists?  Environmentalists and Labor Unions?  Each of these factions seems to think the others are temporarily useful allies.

Oh, after wiping out freedom the left will be all surprised that Islam isn't willing to COEXIST.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 03:18:31 PM »

Pubbies are idiots. We live in a nation where the people in the most liberal state in the union voted AGAINST same sex marriage, needing an activist judge to overturn it, and they fret over being too confrontational about our border. If they had a brain and any gonads, they may be surprised how many vote(r)s would be there for them.

We could win the House, the senate and have the presidency and still couldn't lead.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2014, 06:53:46 PM »
If the republicans do take the senate, there would be other methods of undoing what obama has done. In fact, rather than impeaching him (which would really rally the left for the 2016 election) I think it would be much more excruciating to have obama watch, powerless as his agenda is dismantle before him.

Discretion is the better part of valor. Impeachment may be well warranted but would only defeat the right in the end in 2016. Better to use the power of congress and the courts to illuminate what exactly was wrong and undo it.

Let history be obama's final judge and jury while we spend our energies healing the nation.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson