Author Topic: Oakland Raiders eying move to San Antonio  (Read 1052 times)

Offline richb

• Established Member
Oakland Raiders eying move to San Antonio
« on: August 01, 2014, 03:53:57 PM »
Looks like the Oakland Raiders team owner is looking to ditch the armpit of California for greener pastures in Texas.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/31/raiders-owner-meets-with-san-antonio-officials/

I imagine players would prefer Texas too, as the tax man will take a small bite of their outsized incomes.    I know I would take the crappy city of Texas over the crappy city of California.  Neither city are all that great but SA at least could improve.   Surprised they aren't interested in Austin,  since it would be further from the other two NFL teams in Texas.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Oakland Raiders eying move to San Antonio
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 06:31:15 AM »
Heh, not that much difference between Austin and San Antonio distance-wise, between the two I'd take San Antonio, but if they want geographic distance from Houston and Dallas the best option would be El Paso, and just think of all the interest you could draw from across the border?!  I bet drug cartels would buy a few luxury suites!  Now that's diversity, NFL!

And almost any place is better than Oakland...

I be live the Viqueens are hosting the Raiders at TCF Bank Stadium Friday night, probably be hearing more about the possibly move all week in da me-de-uhh.

::unknowncomic::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.