Author Topic: Obummerism - look who's talking!  (Read 713 times)

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
Obummerism - look who's talking!
« on: August 02, 2014, 08:25:12 AM »
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama says he's taking action on his own because Congress is doing so little for working families.

In his weekly radio and Internet address, Obama says the economy is improving. He says decisions made now can ensure things keep improving.

Obama says he's been pushing policies addressing jobs, student loans and wages. He says all of the policies would help families feel more stable, but all have been blocked by Republicans.

Obama says Congress left town for their August vacation with unfinished business. He says he hopes when lawmakers get back, Washington can join together in common purpose.

In the Republican address, Rep. Greg Walden of Oregon says Obama is disengaged when he should be leading. He says the midterm elections are a chance to deliver accountability.

"Talk about calling the kettle black"__

« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 08:31:00 AM by rustybayonet »
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Obummerism - look who's talking!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 08:57:36 AM »
I would find it humorous if it wasn't so pathetic.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 11:18:41 AM »
I'm so sick of this "if Congress won't do anything" excuse of his.  Congress is elected by the people.  So presumably "not doing anything" to assist His Royal Highness in conducting his fundamental transformation is exactly what the people want.  It is clear that he views the presidency as an elective monarchy, and Congress and the courts are (at most) advisory bodies.

The Congress was controlled by Democrats the whole time Reagan was president.  How much whining was there about that?  How often was legislative non-cooperation used as a pretext for acting outside the authority of the office of president?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 12:45:12 PM »
"We're taking action because Congress isn't doing it's Constitutional duty by reigning in an unlawful President"

Only thing I want to read. I of course want that action to be arrest and stood up against the wall and shot fro treason.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 05:08:22 PM »
If things are so rosy and wonderful,  why the f**k am I am at home everyday instead of going to a high paying job or even a crappy one?   

Barry has gone out of his way to screw with the working class.   His actions do not equal his words.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 07:30:28 AM »
"We're taking action because Congress isn't doing it's Constitutional duty by reigning in an unlawful President"

Only thing I want to read. I of course want that action to be arrest and stood up against the wall and shot fro treason.

Congress, courts, LEOs, people...who lotta not doin' sh*t going on!

::outrage::

A well run military coup can't be any worse than the direction we're going, which at present is straight to Hell...might be one of the few ways to purge the scum...

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 11:04:59 AM »

A well run military coup can't be any worse than the direction we're going, which at present is straight to Hell...might be one of the few ways to purge the scum...

I fully believe the next republic should include a two tiered concept of citizenship.  Everyone can be a national, and enjoy all of the rights and protections of the republic, but only those who earn the status can be full citizens.  The franchise will be limited only to full citizens.  If you have made a lifestyle of riding in the wagon rather than pulling, you have no say on the direction it takes.

There is of course a risk that such a system could be manipulated, but I think it is an acceptable risk because (as our current situation so amply demonstrates) the franchise must be protected.  When the Framers drafted the Constitution, particularly the Bill of Rights, they focused primarily on those things that were very fresh in their minds because they were precisely the things the Crown had violated.  I think it will be the same when a new republic is instituted.  It's important to codify opposition to certain tendencies of government while the memories are still raw. That's the only way to convey the importance of them to the generations yet to come.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 11:35:38 AM »

I fully believe the next republic should include a two tiered concept of citizenship.  Everyone can be a national, and enjoy all of the rights and protections of the republic, but only those who earn the status can be full citizens.  The franchise will be limited only to full citizens.  If you have made a lifestyle of riding in the wagon rather than pulling, you have no say on the direction it takes.

There is of course a risk that such a system could be manipulated, but I think it is an acceptable risk because (as our current situation so amply demonstrates) the franchise must be protected.  When the Framers drafted the Constitution, particularly the Bill of Rights, they focused primarily on those things that were very fresh in their minds because they were precisely the things the Crown had violated.  I think it will be the same when a new republic is instituted.  It's important to codify opposition to certain tendencies of government while the memories are still raw. That's the only way to convey the importance of them to the generations yet to come.

I would even go for reverting to the Founders establishment that the franchise be offered to only property owners, and by property I would say something material, not any of this "I own a square yard of land, therefore I am a property owner" or "I got me a canoe" crap!  They also limited it to men, but I don't want to get skinned alive by any of our fine ladies here so I'll let someone else more foolish make that argument...

;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.