Author Topic: Episcopal church says no to McGreevey  (Read 1947 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Episcopal church says no to McGreevey
« on: April 25, 2011, 02:00:17 PM »
Former New Jersey Gov. Jim McGreevey — who shocked the nation in 2004 when he announced he was a “gay American” and stepped down from office — has been denied his bid to join the priesthood of the Episcopal Church, The Post has learned.

Church leaders, who have long embraced gay parishioners and clergy, were bothered by McGreevey’s bitter divorce, sources told The Post.

“It was not being gay but for being a jackass — [McGreevey] didn’t come out of the whole divorce looking good,” said a source with the Episcopal Diocese of Newark.

Some leaders also were wary of McGreevey’s sudden embrace of their faith after his scandal and feared the church was being used, the source added.

Full story: Heaven can wait: McGreevey priest bid is rejected.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/04/25/heaven-can-wait-mcgreevey-priest-bid-is-rejected/#ixzz1KYxRU3zL

I see.  It's not because he's a thief and a liar, and a DEVIANT; it's because of his messy divorce.

She should've castrated the sumbitch.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Episcopal church says no to McGreevey
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 02:06:36 PM »
Wow, turned down by a bunch of apostate Episcopalian's...ouch, that's gotta hurt!

::hysterical::

And uhh, the church feared being used?  But they are OK using loose morals standards to fill their collection plates?

Yeah, uhh huh.  I think latter day Episcopal leaders will find they and many of their collegues are well represented in hell.  Misery loves company!

::mooning::

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Janny

Re: Episcopal church says no to McGreevey
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 07:08:25 PM »
I see. Leaving your wife for another man qualifies you to be a bishop, like Gene Robinson. A messy divorce is too much, though?

Unreal.