Author Topic: Gas Pump Activism  (Read 3566 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
Re: Gas Pump Activism
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 12:43:17 AM »
Hey, here's another idea: Take a twenty dollar bill (or any other denomination for that matter) and write around the border of the note: Remember when this thing used to buy more groceries? NOBAMA 2012

Unlike sticky notes, no one throws away money. Quite the contrary, each bill passes through hundreds and thousands of hands per week/month. A NOBAMA bill could travel all over the country and be seen by countless people before being taken out of circulation. And if enough people get involved doing it they couldn't take enough of them out of circulation to stop the overall effect.

This is something that everyone can do. Take one bill per day and write the message on the border and spend it. After a few weeks it could catch on and be all over the country.

That's a great idea.  And, personally, I wouldn't put the website on it.  I think guerilla activity is more effective if it's anonymous.  Otherwise it looks like an advertisement of some kind.  Plus, I think there are laws about defacing currency.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

charlesoakwood

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 12:46:37 AM »
What do you believe may be the possible repercussions, CO?

Too tired to be specific.
Leaving breadcrumbs at sites we visit is selective.
Sticking postits in grocery stores and at gas stations etc
is quite the opposite. Y'all think it's cool. Cool, I've already made
a note to buy a box to allow a pack for a different setting in each
pocket.

I did think book marks at bookstores.  They'll bust a cork.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 12:49:19 AM »
I did think book marks at bookstores.  They'll bust a cork.

Now there's another nice idea.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 01:19:32 AM »
Stick a few inside newspapers at a newspaper machine. "The news is all bad. Thanks Obama."
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 01:22:20 AM »
How about sticking a post it note on the window at a drive thru? "Remember when your money used to buy more than it does now? Thank Obama!"
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2011, 07:23:27 AM »
It hit  $4.15 per gal. (reg. unld.) yesterday in Central Ohio .

charlesoakwood

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2011, 09:40:54 AM »
I is makin' a list and all these suggestions are on it.  And from sticky gone viral too.
co-dependent topics