Author Topic: Democrat Governor in Hawaii loses primary election  (Read 547 times)

Offline richb

• Established Member
Democrat Governor in Hawaii loses primary election
« on: August 10, 2014, 08:32:51 PM »
Its not just Eric Cantor that loses his seat in his own primary race this election cycle.   Now Hawaii Governor Abercrombie,  a Democrat, loses his primary race.   

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/us/obama-personally-endorses-hawaii-governor-then-something-historic-happens

I hope it turns into a trend.   Its best for your own party to clean out the garbage.   You shouldn't have to make it the other parties problem.    Plus it helps get rid of long time people which has become a crisis IMHO. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Democrat Governor in Hawaii loses primary election
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 07:54:50 AM »
The problem is...replace a sitting DemonRat with a new DemonRat...you still have a DemonRat...   ::facepalm::

People never learn, never make it to the next step, let alone the next three steps...   ::unknowncomic::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 11:23:12 AM »
The problem is...replace a sitting DemonRat with a new DemonRat...you still have a DemonRat...   ::facepalm::

They've been known to replace a Demorat with a RINO. That always works out well.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 05:25:55 PM »
http://www.westernjournalism.com/abercrombie-becomes-first-hawaii-governor-lose-primary-election/

Well,  this is the d-bag that helped hide Barry's past so it couldn't happen to a better guy.   

I think changing the politicians (even crummy ones) at times is still better then one long time politician.  I mean this is the state that kept Daniel Inouye in office about the whole time Hawaii has been a state (1963-2012).    The longer one sits the more corrupt one gets,  plus they become nearly impossible to boot. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 07:14:47 AM »
Like I said, people cannot make the necessary steps...sacking a POS is one step, replacing it with another negates that, replacing them with something less offensive, RINO, whatever...is like a half-step back...

The is no movement forward, not enough to matter anyway...

People just lack the capacity to think long term...many cannot think short term...or at all...

Welcome to Latter Day America...

::unknowncomic::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.